A delicious, single serving cookie recipe which requires no baking and takes less than five minutes to prep! These healthy no bake giant cookies for one are firm, chewy and perfect for a healthy, wholesome breakfast or snack anytime- Packed full of protein and refined sugar free, these cookies are also gluten free and vegan too!
I don’t to brag here, (okay, FINE. If you say so…) but I have some incredibly smart friends. Several are now doctors; several work in one of the ‘big 4’ accounting firms and one is co-running the number one bar in Melbourne.
We all know who the winner is- My friend Lee who runs the bar. He served me cocktails, but our code word would be ‘a pint of Guinness’.
Saying that, one of the aforementioned friends have done some questionable things in the past. One particular instance was when one of them took a leaf out of Kim Kardashians’ book several years ago and went on some cookie diet to lose some weight.
Sounds good right? You get to replace meals with cookies and then end up losing weight
and gaining a booty, two divorces and Kanye West. Well, before you get all excited and throw a party in excitement, let’s discuss said cookies and the diet itself. My friend showed me one at work one day (we both worked at a supermarket stacking shelves aka playing on our phones until a manager walked by) and to say the were miniature would be an understatement.
These ‘cookies’ which were supposed to replace meals were well….pretty much a joke. Not only were they as satisfying as air, they were TINY! You could only have one cookie as a meal and the ingredient list was longer than the list of products the entire Kardashian clan have shilled (including the cookies). Safe to say, after my friend finished the entire BOX as a meal (they pretended it was an accident, but with we’re not fools here!), they opted to try another diet.
The ‘Subway’ diet….don’t ask.
When it comes to cookies, I’m not the best role model- I could easily polish off ten homemade chocolate chip cookies or let’s be real here- The generic gas station 99 cent ones. While there a tonne of single serve cookies out on the interwebs, they aren’t something I would feel 100% stoked to enjoy every day. While delicious, they do pack a punch in the sugar, butter and oil department. I eat all three on a daily basis in various meals and snacks but…..I needed something better.
It needed to be healthy and filling.
It needed to be quick and easy and no fuss.
It needed to be something portable, freezer friendly and could be prepped in batches.
It needed to be single serving and bonus points of it could pass off as breakfast.
It needed to be GIANT. No crappy mini cookies here.
I present- A healthy No Bake GIANT cookie for one.
(I’d say it’s the size of my head, but my head is egg shaped and that would just be silly)
This healthy No bake giant cookie for one recipe fits all the above and is quick, easy and beyond delicious. It literally takes only five minutes to whip up and is the perfect excuse to enjoy cookies for breakfast. As mentioned earlier, it needed to be huge, and that was catered for- As evidenced by the pictures, these easily fit into the palm of my hand! These are also portable, freezer friendly and can be prepped in batches in advance! The best part is they remain stable and room temperature and are still firm and chewy! Naturally gluten-free and vegan, they are also refined sugar free!
Protein loving friends- This has been tested using protein powder and it works PERFECTLY. I personally add a single scoop per cookie when I batch make them and bring one with me to the coffee shop for those early morning work sessions!
Make this healthy no bake giant cookie for one and have no shame in being greedy. Also, don’t judge my friend for going on the cookie diet.
He kinda hoped his surname would magically change to Kardashian.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I used certified gluten free rolled oats)
- 1 T coconut flour (can sub for an extra T rolled oats)
- pinch sea salt
- Pinch cinnamon
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder of choice (optional)*
- 2 T nut butter of choice (can sub for sunflower seed butter or soy nut butter)
- 1 T brown rice syrup (can sub for honey, agave or maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup + dairy free milk of choice**
- Dairy free chocolate chips, to top (optional)
- Line a plate with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, coconut flour, sea salt, cinnamon and protein powder of choice and mix well.
- Stir through the nut butter and sticky sweetener until a crumbly mixture is formed. Using a tablespoon at a time, add dairy free milk until a VERY thick batter is formed. Using your hands, form into a cookie shape and enjoy immediately or for best results, refrigerate for an hour to firm up.
- * I used a casein blend and a brown rice vegan blend. I do not recommend whey. You can omit the protein powder, but your cookie will be smaller
- ** Depending on the brand of protein powder and coconut flour, your results will vary- You may need less/more so add it in tablespoon at a time.
- These can be made in advance and frozen. They do not need to be refrigerated but are best kept refrigerated before packing for lunch boxes, snacks on the go etc.
More single serve recipes to make your booty pop like Kim’s? Check these out.
(Results not guaranteed)
Where you familiar with the cookie diet?
Cookies- What is your favorite kind?
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld