This chocolate chip cookie for one is a single serving dessert that is secretly low carb! Made with easy ingredients and ready in under 12 minutes! 3 grams net carbs.
Single Serve Chocolate Chip Cookie
I’m the kind of person that MUST end their evening on a sweet note. No matter what I eat for dinner, or how much of it I have, I will always find room for dessert. While I usually stick to some ice cream or a blondie, I’ve recently loved indulging in cookies!
With the amount of baking I do, making a fresh batch of cookies when the sweet tooth strikes is not the brightest of ideas. Not only do I have no room in the kitchen to store them all, but I also don’t want the temptation to eat ALL the cookies. Enter- a single serving version of it that is perfectly portioned for one!
Now, you might be thinking what is the point of making a single cookie from scratch, but I promise you, it is SO easy to make!
No flour, no grains, and no dairy needed, but you’d never tell. The texture is soft, chewy, and gooey in the middle, with plenty of chocolate throughout. It’s sweet with bits of chocolate flavor, without being overpowering.
A friend came over for dinner the other night, and I prepped us each a cookie while cleaning up. By the time we had wiped the last of our dishes, the cookies were ready! Oh, and she had NO idea that this was keto and low carb– it tasted like any bakery cookie!
How do you make a chocolate chip cookie for one?
- Cashew butter OR almond butter– Smooth and creamy cashew butter or almond butter. I used cashew butter, hence the lighter color. If you use almond, it will be slightly darker.
- Granulated Sweetener of choice– Either monk fruit sweetener or erythritol.
- Egg– Not the whole egg will be used. Save the rest of it for a birthday cake or coconut cake.
- Baking soda– To ensure the cookie doesn’t overspread.
- Vanilla extract– A must to balance out the sweeteners used.
- Chocolate– Use chopped up chocolate, not chocolate chips. This ensures pools of chocolate throughout!
Start by mixing together all your ingredients, except for the chocolate, until combined. Fold through your chopped chocolate, reserving a few pieces to top the cookie with. Cover your cookie dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Once your 30 minutes is up, transfer the ball of cookie dough onto a lined pan. Press the ball of cookie dough down slightly, and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are just cooked. Remove from the oven and allow the cookie to cool on the sheet completely.
Can I make this without egg?
Yes, if you’d like to make this cookie without egg (to make it vegan), replace the whisked egg for ground chia seed (NOT a chia egg).
Start by adding in 1 teaspoon chia seeds, then add more as needed until a thick batter remains.
Can I prepare the dough in advance?
Yes, if you’d like to prepare the cookie dough in advance, you can do so up to two days in advance. Just be sure to let the cookie sit at room temperature 30 minutes before baking it.
You can also freeze the dough by covering it completely in plastic wrap and freezing it. Store the dough frozen for up to 6 months. Thaw it at room temperature until it is pliable, before baking.
Tips to make the best single serving cookie
- Do not overbake the cookie because it continues the cook as it is cooling down.
- Please try and chill the dough beforehand, in order to avoid overspreading. If you prefer thinner and crispier cookies, you can omit this.
- If you have a nut allergy, you can use tahini or sunflower seed butter.
- Feel free to double or triple the recipe if you’d like to make several cookies at once.
How to store single serve cookie
The storage tips are for the baked cookie, not the cookie dough.
- To store: If any of your cookies is leftover, it can be stored at room temperature, covered, for up to 5 days.
- To freeze: If you’d like to freeze the cookie, place in a ziplock bag and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More keto desserts for one
Share this recipe on Pinterest
Love this Chocolate Chip Cookie For One recipe?
Share it with the world on Pinterest.
Single Serve Chocolate Chip Cookie
- In a small mixing bowl, add all your ingredients, except for the chocolate. Mix well, until combined. Fold through your chocolate. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator. Form a ball of dough and place it on the lined sheet and lightly press down on it. Bake the cookie for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are just going golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookie to cool completely.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.