Enjoy a single serve bowl of oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough designed specifically for breakfast! This no bake ,single serve recipe contains no butter, eggs, flour, sugar or dairy, and is suitable for those following a vegan, gluten free, dairy free and egg-free diet!
Excuse the extremely long title.
There was a lot to fit in one line.
Did you know…oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are one of the most popular cookies ever? You probably did. I mean, if you went to any basic
betch cafe, you’d be semi-certain that a classic oatmeal cookie would be present.
When it comes to oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, I’ve always been VERY skeptical. More often than not, I’d choose a plain chocolate one or my favorite white chocolate macadamia variety.
It’s not because I have anything against the pairing of oatmeal and chocolate chips.
It’s not because I prefer pure chocolate over a hybrid.
It’s not because oats are carbs and carbs are the enemy.
It’s not you, it’s
me the imposter.
Who is the imposter?
THE DARN RAISIN.
Because of this, I’ve always avoided chocolate chip cookies, out of the irrational fear that I might accidentally be biting into a raisin. Oatmeal raisin cookies have a place for themselves, often next to decaf coffee.
To everyone who has ever been deceived by the silly raisin- This one is for YOU.
If you’ve been a regular reader on TBMW, you’ll know that edible (egg free!) cookie dough is one of my favorite recipes. I shared a version way back last year, followed by a pumpkin version and a snickerdoodle version. However, I wanted to create a version which was as close as possible to REAL oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough…with a healthy twist.
Traditional oatmeal cookie dough uses the following basic ingredients- Oats, flour, brown sugar, butter, eggs, and milk.
Personally, I think all of those ingredients could totally be part of a balanced diet, but we want something here we can enjoy every single day and even better, for breakfast. Not only that, but we can play the ‘team greedy’ card here, and make it single serving so we can polish it off on our lonesomes. With a few cheeky swaps, I’m stoked to share today’s beauty with you- This healthy single serve oatmeal chocolate chip breakfast cookie dough!
This oatmeal chocolate chip breakfast cookie dough is your answer to a deceptively healthy dessert for breakfast recipe which is single serving! It has the taste and texture of real cookie dough, minus the typical ingredients- You won’t use any sugar, eggs, butter, cream or milk in the entire recipe! It’s made from wholesome, healthy and easy ingredients which you’d have on hand! The key to achieving the true classic cookie dough flavor is adding a dash of blackstrap molasses. The reason for this is because I find that brown sugar is what gives the cookie that distinct flavor. Saying that, molasses can be VERY overpowering (think gingerbread-eque recipes!) so half a teaspoon is all you’ll need for the recipe. Because of the ingredients used, this recipe is naturally gluten free, vegan and dairy free! For those skeptical of eating ‘raw’ cookie dough, this is 100% egg free and uses no white/wheat flour, so don’t hold back!
HACK! Protein lovers, you’ve been covered! This totally works with adding a scoop of your favorite vanilla or neutral-tasting protein powder- I love this using this vegan protein powder, as it really compliments the ingredients well, and doesn’t have the grainy taste other protein powders can have.
Make this healthy single serve oatmeal chocolate chip breakfast cookie dough and raise your raisins….
…and aim them at the bin.
Just kidding, wasting food is a big no-no. We’ll save them for their own special recipe.
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1-3 T granulated sweetener of choice (I used a stevia blend, monkfruit)*
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 2 T smooth cashew butter
- 1 1/2 T light agave nectar (can sub for pure maple syrup or dark agave syrup)
- 1/2 tsp blackstrap molasses (can sub for extra agave/maple syrup)**
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- Dairy free milk***
- 2-3 T dairy free chocolate chips
- Add the rolled oats into the blender/food processor, and blend until a flour is formed. Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the milk and several chocolate chips. Blend until fully immersed. If batter is too thick/sticky, add a tiny amount of dairy free milk to desired batter thickness.
- Remove from blender/food processor and place into a bowl. Top with remaining chocolate chips and enjoy!
- Blend oats until a fine flour is formed.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your oat flour, granulated sweetener, protein powder, sea salt and mix well.
- Stovetop or in the microwave, melt your nut butter with sticky sweeteners. Pour into the dry mixture, except for the chocolate chips. Mix very well until combined. If dough is too thick, add dairy free milk until desired batter is formed. Stir through chocolate chips and mix until combined. Transfer for a bowl and enjoy!
- * Adjust accordingly- If your protein powder is sweetened and you prefer a less sweet dough, use less.
- ** Do not go overboard with molasses- It's very distinct and a little goes a long way!
- *** If you want a creamier dough, add more. If you want a VERY thick dough, you may not even need any!
- Oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough is freezer friendly- If you want a thicker texture even adding more milk, refrigerate overnight before enjoying!
Have you ever been fooled by the silly raisin?
My personal favorite question- Favorite store bought cookie? SUBWAY WHITE CHOCOLATE MACADAMIA NUT.
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld