An easy recipe for keto low carb almond joy fat bombs! Made with just 3 ingredients, these coconut almond fat bombs take 5 minutes and are the perfect snack or dessert! Vegan, Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Paleo.
Easy Almond Joy Fat Bombs
Being a huge fan of almond joy candy bars is due to the fact that I love the chocolate, coconut and almond combination. Granted, the almond portion is very minor, but that is all semantics!
Fat bombs are popular amongst those following a low carb high fat or ketogenic diet, but really, these are a snack for anyone. The combination of coconut butter, chocolate, and chopped almonds satisfy the sweet tooth and keeps hunger at bay!
For the longest time, I relied on packaged keto friendly chocolate in any of my keto recipes. I also would shell out a pretty penny for a jar of coconut butter. If you are a fan of coconut butter, you know that stuff ain’t cheap!
Luckily, I soon realized just how easy it was to make my own coconut butter and homemade keto and vegan chocolate chips. In fact, both those recipes can be found in this post.
However, not everyone has the time or patience to make it, so I’ve compiled a list to give you a hand!
Keto and Vegan Chocolate Options
If you’ve ever wandered around the health food aisle, you would have come across some brands of chocolate which claim to be sugar free. While this is true, many of those brands use artificial sweeteners, which is something I’m personally not a fan of.
Luckily, there are several options available, one naturally sugar-free and one refined sugar free.
Stevia-sweetened chocolate chips are suitable for those following a ketogenic, low carb and sugar-free diet. These chocolate chips are sweetened with stevia and contain barely any carbs.
For a refined sugar-free chocolate, these paleo and vegan chocolate chips would be a great option.
Easy Almond Joy Fat Bombs Recipe
When I say this recipe for almond joy fat bombs is easy, I ain’t kidding- You only need 3 ingredients-
- Coconut butter
- Chopped or whole almonds
I’ve already mentioned the chocolate portion, but if you choose not to make your own coconut butter, I really love this coconut butter. It is smooth, creamy and seriously addictive- Try to keep some for the recipe!
Any whole almonds work, I prefer using roasted unsalted almonds.
When it comes to satisfying snacks, you really can’t go past a good fat bomb recipe. These almond joy fat bombs are deceptively satisfying- You can have one between meals and not even feel hunger until your next meal. It also is an acceptable dessert or treats when the sweet tooth strikes!
If you want to make a big batch of them, you sure can- They are freezer friendly, and simply need to be thawed lightly before consuming. If you’ve got little kiddies, they would also be the perfect lunchbox snack!
- 20 oz chocolate chips of choice, divided
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, softened
- 24 whole almonds
- Line a 24-count mini muffin pan (or 12 standard sized muffin pan) with muffin liners and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, melt 3/4 of your chocolate chips of choice. Divide the chocolate mixture evenly amongst the muffin pan, scraping the sides to ensure they are coated with chocolate. Refrigerate until firm.
- When the chocolate has firmed up, evenly distribute the softened coconut butter in each of the chocolate cups, reserving room to top with chocolate. Feel free to add more coconut butter if desired.
- Melt the remaining chocolate chips and top each of the chocolate coconut cups with the melted chocolate. Top each one with an almond and refrigerate until firm.