These coconut snowball cookies are a low carb and no bake twist on traditional snowballs! Made with just 3 ingredients, they are loaded with coconut flavor!
I’ve put a spin on classic snowball cookies by making a no cook version, but still with the full coconut flavor. These no bake snowballs are soft and doughy coconut flavored cookies, and take minutes to make! I love enjoying them straight from the freezer, whenever the post dinner sweet tooth strikes!
Naturally keto and sugar free, they also happen to be vegan and gluten free, too!
How do you make coconut snowball cookies
When I say this recipe takes 5 minutes and is fool-proof, I ain’t joking around- It’s a simple 3-step process! Add the ingredients into your mixing gadget of choice, pulse, and form into cookies!
If you don’t have either of those, this definitely works by hand. You will just need to use the finely milled shredded coconut, or else you may be in for an arm workout!
Coconut Snowballs Ingredients and Substitution Tips
- Shredded Coconut
- Granulated Sweetener of choice
- Coconut Milk
Shredded Coconut Options
Any kind of unsweetened coconut works well.
- Coconut Flakes- Thick coconut flakes will require you to blend longer, as there are larger particles to condense. Just be patient with it, and if continues to be too crumbly, add a little extra coconut milk.
- Shredded Coconut (often referred to as desiccated coconut)- Using shredded coconut will be less time consuming than the flakes, but will still require you to scrape down the sides.
- Finely Milled Coconut- This is my favorite of all three- Macaron style coconut flakes is super fine and almost powder-like, which makes blending (or mixing!) a breeze!
Granulated Sweetener Options
Either erythritol or monk fruit sweetener can be used. I prefer the monk fruit, as it has the most accurate texture and flavor to white sugar.
Any milk can be used. I prefer coconut milk, as it is thicker than the others. Almond milk, cashew milk, etc, can all be used too.
If you don’t follow a low carb or keto diet, you can also use coconut condensed milk. This will be much thicker and sweeter.
Coconut Snowballs Tips
- To make it easier to form cookies, lightly wet your hands first.
- Depending on the type of shredded coconut you use, you may need more milk than is recommended. Feel free to add more as needed.
- You can freeze the cookies to firm up if you’d like them to firm up more quickly.
- If you don’t follow a keto or low carb diet, you can replace the coconut milk with coconut condensed milk.
Coconut Snowball Cookie Storage Tips
- To store: No Bake coconut snowballs must be stored in the refrigerator at all times, as they are incredibly fragile. Keep them covered or in a sealable container. They will keep for at least 2 weeks.
- To freeze: You can freeze snowballs for up to 6 months, either in a ziplock bag or freezer friendly container.
More Easy Cookie Recipes
- No Bake Coconut Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Almond Butter Cookies
- Monster Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
No Bake Snowball Cookies
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, add your unsweetened coconut and blend for 1-2 minutes, until a fine texture. Do not over blend otherwise you will be left with coconut butter.
- Add your granulated sweetener and coconut milk (and optional extract) and blend until a sticky, thick batter remains. If the batter is too crumbly, add a little extra milk of choice.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Lightly wet your hands and form the batter into small balls. Place on a lined baking tray or plate. Press each ball into a cookie shape. Sprinkle with extra coconut or granulated sweetener and refrigerate until they firm up slightly.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.