These air fryer mushrooms are juicy, and buttery, and make the perfect side dish! These cook up in less than 10 minutes.
Vegetables are one of our favorite things to cook in the air fryer.
On regular rotation are asparagus, carrots, and green beans. Recently, we’ve thrown mushrooms into the mix and are thrilled with the results.
Why this recipe works
- Quick. This recipe takes no longer than 10 minutes to prepare.
- Simple Ingredients. You only need essential ingredients that will be already in your pantry. No grocery runs are required.
- Healthy. Mushrooms are packed with vitamins and minerals that add to their health aspect.
What I love most about this recipe is its versatility. They are great to serve as a side dish for your favorite meals or when you have a ton of mushrooms to use up!
This recipe calls for very basic ingredients and spices, most of which you’ll already have on hand. Here is what you’ll need:
- Mushrooms. Opt for larger mushrooms so they can be sliced in half easily.
- Garlic. Minced
- Olive oil. For air frying.
- Butter. Melted.
- Soy sauce. Adds a fabulous umami flavor, especially in combination with the butter.
- Salt and pepper. To taste.
- Garlic powder.
- Parsley. To serve.
How to air fry mushrooms?
Follow a simple 3-step process to perfectly cook mushrooms every single time.
Step 1: Prep the air fryer
Set the air fryer to preheat at 180C or 350F, and prepare your air fryer basket by greasing it.
Step 2: Mix all the ingredients with mushrooms
In a bowl, add your mushrooms and mix them with all the ingredients and seasonings to taste but leave out parsley to garnish for later.
Step 3: Air fry the mushrooms
Add them mushrooms to the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Air fry the mushrooms for 7-8 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Which mushrooms are best for air frying?
White button mushrooms are the best for air frying. Apart from being readily available, they offer that signature earthy taste with a tender texture.
The beauty of this recipe is that these mushrooms are like a blank canvas that can easily be customized. Here are some ideas:
- Add Veggies. Feel free to add broccoli or Brussels sprouts; they all go great together.
- Alter Seasoning. You can replace or add more seasonings like oregano or chili flakes to modify the taste to your liking.
- Use flavored butter. Garlic butter, chili butter, or even some truffle butter transform this dish into something extravagant.
- To store. Despite their delicate nature, they can still be stored in your fridge for up to 24 hours by placing them in airtight containers.
- To freeze. Place the cooked and cooled mushrooms in a shallow container and store them in the freezer for up to one month.
- Reheating. Either microwave them for 20-30 seconds or reheat them back up in the air fryer.
More air fryer vegetables to try
Frequently asked questions
Air frying mushrooms should not take anymore than 10 minutes, and that includes preparation time.
Air Fryer Mushrooms
- 16 ounces button mushrooms halved
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the air fryer to 180C/350F. Grease an air fryer basket.
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer the mushrooms to the air fryer basket and cook for 7-8 minutes, shaking halfway through.
- Remove the mushrooms from the air fryer and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.