These Nutella Brownies are fudgy, gooey and made in one bowl! Using just 3 ingredients, they are flourless and grain free, and melt in your mouth!
Is there anything more delicious than Nutella? I think not.
I grew up eating Nutella on an almost daily basis. My morning toast had a generous portion slathered on and, more than a few times, I enjoyed spoonfuls from the jar.
Why this recipe works
- Works with any chocolate spread. We can make it with either traditional Nutella or homemade nutella.
- It needs just 3 ingredients. Nutella (or alternative), almond flour, and eggs.
- Super fudgy. Even though there is no butter or oil needed, they will taste like any good bakery-style brownie.
- Just one bowl. NO excessive clean up required.
What I love about these brownies is just how easy they are to make. I often make an entire batch after dinner and serve it with a scoop of ice cream and drizzle more Nutella on top- it’s the epitome of comfort food!
- Chocolate hazelnut spread– Either Nutella or homemade Nutella.
- Eggs- room temperature eggs.
- Almond Flour- blanched almond flour, not almond meal.
How to make Nutella brownies
Start by whisking together the Nutella, eggs, and almond flour until a thick batter remains. Transfer into a greased square pan and bake for 25-27 minutes, or until a skewer comes out mostly clean.
Now, remove the brownies from the oven and let them cool in the pan completely, before slicing and serving.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Your chocolate spread should be smooth. If it is a little too firm, microwave it for 30-40 seconds.
- Do not over-bake the brownies, as they continue to cook as they cool.
- For ultra gooey brownies, remove them from the oven at the 25 minute mark. For thicker and chewier brownies, remove at the 30 minute mark.
To store: Leftovers can keep at room temperature, in a sealable container. They will keep well for up to 5 days. Store them in the refrigerator to keep them for up to 2 weeks.
To freeze: Store them in a ziplock bag or container, and they’ll keep for at least 6 months.
More brownie recipes to try
Frequently Asked Questions
Nutella is suitable for those following a gluten free diet or are celiac, as none of the ingredients are derived from wheat.
Nutella would be considered healthier than white or milk chocolate, as it contains real hazelnuts and has more protein and fiber. However, it still contains sugar, so is something to enjoy in moderation.
If you can’t tolerate Nutella, you can use chocolate peanut butter or chocolate almond butter.
If you’d like to try this eggless, use an egg substitute.
Nutella Brownies (3 Ingredients!)
- 1 1/4 cups Nutella * See notes
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 2 large eggs ** See notes
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line an 8 x 8-inch square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until fully combined. Pour batter into the lined pan and use a spatula to spread out.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes, or until the tops are crispy and a toothpick comes out 'just' clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan. Once cooled, slice up.