These 3 ingredient Nutella Brownies are fudgy, gooey and made in one bowl! Unlike traditional Nutella brownies, these are grain free and dairy free, but you’d never tell. Paleo, Gluten Free and Vegan option.
Nutella brownies have been circulating the interwebs for quite some time. These famous brownies are made using just 3 ingredients and they yield gooey and rich brownies, similar ones you’d get out of a box.
Now, as I like to do things a little different around here, I wanted to recreate these brownies, but with a twist- No actual Nutella and no white flour.
Traditional Nutella brownies use Nutella, white flour, and eggs. In my version, we use chocolate hazelnut butter (only natural ingredients and no dairy!) and almond flour instead of the white flour.
What you are left with are easy Nutella brownies that are gooey and fudgy, but with no dairy and no grains and with MUCH less sugar. They have a gorgeous chocolate flavor, with mouthfuls of rich chocolate in every bite.
How to make Nutella Brownies
- Chocolate Hazelnut Spread– I’ve used homemade Nutella, chocolate hazelnut and almond butter and chocolate peanut butter. These are all healthier alternatives to traditional Nutella, but still yield the sweet, chocolate flavor. They are all also completely paleo, vegan, and gluten free.
- Eggs– Use room temperature eggs. For an egg free option, use a packaged egg replacer- NOT flax eggs or chia eggs.
- Almond Flour– Blanched almond flour gives the best texture, but you can also use almond meal.
- Chocolate Chips– Optional, but gives an extra dose of chocolate throughout!
Start by mixing together your chocolate hazelnut spread, eggs, and almond flour, until combined. If adding chocolate chips, fold them through. Transfer the Nutella brownie batter into an 8 x 8-inch pan and spread out using a rubber spatula. Bake the brownies for 25-28 minutes at 180C/350F. The brownies are done when a toothpick or skewer comes out ‘just’ clean from the center. Allow the brownies to cool in the pan completely, before slicing.
Nutella Brownie Tips
- If using a store bought chocolate hazelnut spread, be sure it has a smooth and creamy texture. If it happens to be a little too firm or stiff, microwave it for 30-40 seconds.
- Do not overbake the brownies, as they continue to cook as they cool.
- For ultra gooey brownies, remove them from the oven at the 25 minute mark. For thicker and chewier brownies, remove at the 30 minute mark.
- To make vegan Nutella brownies, use aquafaba or egg replacer.
Storing and Freezing Brownies
- To store: Leftover brownies can keep at room temperature, in a sealable container. They will keep well for up to 5 days. Store them in the refrigerator to keep them for up to 2 weeks.
- To freeze: Nutella brownies are freezer friendly, so store some in the freezer to enjoy when the brownie cravings strike! Store them in a ziplock bag or container, and they’ll keep for at least 6 months.
More 3 Ingredient Desserts you’ll enjoy
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Almond Butter Cookies
- Coconut Bars
- Coconut Milk Ice Cream
- Salted Caramel Fudge
Watch how to make it
3 Ingredient Nutella Brownies (NO dairy!)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a 9 x 4-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until fully combined. Pour batter into the lined pan and use a spatula to spread out.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the tops are crispy and a toothpick comes out 'just' clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan. Once cooled, slice up.