This Caramilk cheesecake is a simple and elegant no bake dessert that is made with just 5 ingredients! It’s rich, creamy, and so easy to make.
We are a family of caramilk lovers.
Table of Contents
Why this recipe works
- 5 Ingredients. Besides the crust and cheesecake filling, there isn’t much else that goes into it.
- No baking is required. Just like in our no bake and lemon cheesecakes, the hard part is waiting for it to set.
- Naturally gluten-free. Caramilk is naturally gluten-free and when made with gluten-free biscuits for the base, this recipe is suitable for celiacs.
Can we lament about the texture? It is thick, rich, and incredibly creamy. The cheesecake is sweet and with a lovely Caramilk flavor, without being overpowering!
This recipe calls for very simple ingredients that you’d expect in any good cheesecake. Here is what you’ll need:
- Digestive biscuits OR graham crackers– Any mild-flavored biscuit or cookie can be used. Use a food processor to process it into a superfine texture. I used gluten-free graham crackers which are readily available online and in mainstream supermarkets.
- Butter– Unsalted butter that has been melted.
- Caramilk chocolate– Use either the Caramilk chocolate chips or a chopped Caramilk chocolate bar.
- Heavy cream– Also known as double cream or thickened cream. Avoid using heavy whipping cream, as it has less stability.
- Cream cheese– Full fat and softened cream cheese. If you prefer a significantly sweeter cheesecake, you can use Caramilk cream cheese (available in the refrigerated cream cheese section of the grocery store).
How to make a Caramilk cheesecake
Start by adding your graham crackers/plain cookies into a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend very well, until a fine crumb remains, then transfer into a mixing bowl. Add the melted butter and mix very well, until the texture of sand remains. Transfer into a 7-inch springform cake pan and place it in the refrigerator.
Next, melt the Caramilk chocolate in the microwave or stovetop, keeping a firm eye on it to ensure it doesn’t burn. In a mixing bowl, add the heavy cream and beat well, until medium peaks form. In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth and glossy. Gently beat the melted chocolate into the heavy cream, before folding through the cream cheese until combined.
Now, transfer the mixture over the crust, and gently smoothen the top. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight. Once set, top with caramel and chopped nuts, before slicing and serving.
Tips to make the best recipe
- The cheesecake filling is pleasantly sweet, with a subtle tang from the cream cheese. If you prefer a sweeter cheesecake, use the specialty Caramilk cream cheese.
- Using a springform pan helps remove the cheesecake easily. If you have a standard cake pan, you can add some parchment paper around the sides.
- Decorate the sides with crushed peanuts, caramel sauce, or even some shaved caramilk chocolate.
Storing and freezing instructions
- To store: This cheesecake must always be stored in the refrigerator, covered. The cheesecake will keep well for at least 2 weeks.
- To freeze: Place leftover slices of the cheesecake in a shallow container and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
As per the Cadbury website and their official twitter, Cadbury Caramilk is indeed gluten free. However, the chocolate is processed in a factory that works with gluten and/or ingredients that are unsuitable for celiacs. As such, I advise caution if you need this dessert to be 100% gluten free.
While this cheesecake is gluten free, it is not vegan. Caramilk contains dairy, as do the other main ingredients. However, you can make some simple swaps to make it vegan.
Use dairy free butter, dairy free cream cheese, and plant based double cream. To replace the Caramilk, use vegan white chocolate and beat in 2 tablespoons of Biscoff spread into the filling.
Caramilk Cheesecake With 5 Ingredients | No Baking Required
For the crust
- 2 cups cookie crumbs * See notes
- 1/2 cup butter melted
For the filling
- 1 1/4 cups Caramilk chocolate ** See notes
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream double cream/thickened cream
- 1 1/4 cups cream cheese softened *** See notes
- 1/2 cup Caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup peanuts chopped
- Grease a 7-inch springform cake pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cookie crumbs with the melted butter and mix well, until combined. Transfer into the greased cake pan and refrigerate.
- In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, melt your Caramilk chocolate. In a mixing bowl, beat your heavy cream until medium peaks form. In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth and glossy. Gently beat the melted chocolate into the heavy cream, then fold through the cream cheese until combined.
- Transfer the cheesecake filling onto the chilled crust. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Once set, drizzle with caramel and decorate with chopped peanuts.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.