This chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie is a healthy way to satisfy the sweet tooth, and needs just 4 ingredients! No sugar and no dairy needed, it’s so thick and creamy!
We are a family of smoothie lovers here.
They are quick, delicious, nutritious, and easy to customize. While we have a few regular flavors on hand, we love to recreate them to taste like our favorite desserts. This chocolate peanut butter and banana one ticks all the boxes!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- It tastes like dessert. If you love milkshakes or thick shakes, this is the kind of smoothie that will make you swoon.
- Just 4 ingredients. Banana, cocoa powder, peanut butter and milk.
- No added sugar. By adding a banana in the mix, it sweetens the smoothie up beautifully so you won’t need to add any sugar or sweeteners!
- Ready in seconds. Seriously, this recipe takes less than a minute to make.
What we love about this recipe is how perfect it tastes and feels- The texture is extra thick, rich, and creamy. It’s sweet and a delicious balance of peanut butter, banana, and chocolate!
You’ll love the short and simple ingredient list. In fact, you’ve probably got everything in your pantry or cupboard as we speak. Here is what you’ll need:
- Milk of choice– I used unsweetened almond milk, but any milk of choice can be used.
- Banana– Fresh or frozen bananas. I prefer using a frozen banana, as it yields a much thicker and creamier smoothie.
- Peanut butter– Either crunchy or smooth peanut butter works. Aim to choose one that has no added sugar in them.
- Cocoa powder– Dutch processed and unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Ice– Optional, but only add ice if you prefer an extra thick smoothie.
How do you make a chocolate banana smoothie?
Start by adding all your ingredients, except for the ice, into a high speed blender. Blend until combined and thick. If you prefer a thicker smoothie, add the ice and blend once more.
Now, pour into two glasses and serve immediately.
Tips to make the best recipe
- This smoothie is not overly sweet, relying on the banana for sweetness. If you prefer a sweeter smoothie, add 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup or sugar free syrup.
- If you want to make this without peanut butter, you can use another nut or seed butter, like almond butter or sunflower seed butter.
- Feel free to add any other fruits to the smoothie, like berries, mango, or pineapple.
- For an even more filling breakfast or snack, add a scoop of your favorite protein powder.
Storing and freezing instructions
- To store: Smoothies can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 3 days. Be sure to whisk it well before serving.
- To freeze: Place the smoothie in ice cube trays or a shallow container and store in the freezer for up to 6 months. When ready to enjoy, simply place the frozen portions into a blender and blend until thick and smooth.
More smoothie recipes to try
Frequently Asked Questions
Like peanut butter and chocolate, adding a banana to it is a fantastic combination. It balances out the richness with some sweetness (like in chocolate chip banana bread).
Banana smoothies are fantastic to include as part of a weight loss or healthy diet. They keep you satisfied and full, thanks to the added fiber and slow releasing carbs.
Frozen bananas help keep the smoothies thick and creamy. However, room temperature or refrigerated ones work just as well.
Share this recipe on Pinterest
Love this Chocolate Banana Smoothie recipe?
Share it with the world on Pinterest.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie | 4 Ingredients
- In a high speed blender, add all your ingredients, except for the ice. Blend until combined. For a thicker smoothie, add ice and blend once more.
- Transfer the smoothie into two glasses and serve immediately.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.