These cranberry pistachio cookies are soft and chewy cookies full of tart cranberries and sweet white chocolate chips! The PERFECT cookie to enjoy during the holiday season!
White Chocolate Pistachio Cookies
Whenever the holiday season rolls around, you’ll definitely find me in the kitchen whipping up every holiday dessert you can think of. I’m the kind of person who goes around sending bagfuls of cookies to all my friends. It’s the best excuse to get creative with the flavors, but also show my friends just how much I appreciate them!
While I’m partial to making the usual holiday cookies, I thought I’d go a little bit different and use up some leftover pistachios, and paired them with cranberries for a gorgeous holiday cookie!
These cranberry pistachio cookies are perfect for those who love cookies with ALL the flavors and textures in them. These cookies are soft, chewy, and loaded with crunchy nuts, and melty chocolate chips. They are sweet, slightly tart, and have that gorgeous nutty flavor from the pistachios.
No flour, no grains, and no dairy are needed, but you’d never be able to tell! They taste like any good cookie out there,
How do you make cranberry pistachio cookies?
Making these cranberry pistachio cookies is super simple- You need only 6 ingredients and they take 12 minutes to make!
- Cashew Butter OR tahini- Any nut or seed butter can be used, but I prefer cashew butter. It’s mild and buttery and gives the cookies the gorgeous light color.
- Sugar of choice- Either white sugar or sugar free substitutes, like erythritol or monk fruit sweetener.
- Baking soda. To help the cookies from overspreading.
- Eggs. Room temperature eggs for the best texture. See below to keep it vegan or omit the eggs.
- White Chocolate Chips- Use any white chocolate chips of choice. I used Keto-friendly white chocolate chips made without sugar and without carbs.
- Cranberries. Dried, unsweetened cranberries.
- Pistachios. Shelled and unsalted pistachios are best. Roughly chop them, for added texture.
Start by mixing together your nut butter, sugar, baking soda, and eggs, and mix well, until just combined. Fold through the cranberries and pistachios. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, to firm up.
Once the cookie dough has chilled, form 12 balls of dough and place on a lined baking sheet. Bake at 180C/350F for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let allow to cool completely.
Do I need to chill the cookie dough?
Chilling the cookie dough prior to baking it makes the cookies less susceptible to spreading. The baking soda helps the cookies rise, but chilling them also makes them more sturdy.
You DON’T need to chill the dough beforehand, but be wary that the cookies will easily spread.
Tips to make the best pistachio cookies
- Do not overbake the cookies. As there is no flour or grains in them, they continue to cook as they are cooling down. They may seem underdone, but they firm up beautifully.
- Reserve a few pistachios and cranberries to top the cookies with.
- You can chill your dough for longer than an hour, for up to 2 days. However, let the dough sit at room temperature for 45 minutes beforehand.
Ingredient and Dietary Swaps
- Vegan Cranberry Pistachio Cookies. Swap out the keto white chocolate chips for vegan and dairy-free white chocolate chips. Replace the eggs with 7-8 tablespoons of ground chia seeds. Start with 7 tablespoons then add an extra tablespoon if needed.
- Paleo Cranberry Pistachio Cookies. Omit the white chocolate chips and replace it with dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Erythritol. Any granulated sweetener of choice will work, like coconut palm sugar, white sugar and even brown sugar.
- Tahini. Any smooth and drippy nut butter will work. Peanut butter, cashew butter, and almond butter are all fantastic substitutions.
How to store pistachio cookies
- To store- Store cookies in an airtight container, at room temperature. They can also be stored in the fridge. Cookies will keep fresh for 5 days.
- To freeze- Wrap cookies individually in parchment paper and place them in a ziplock bag or container. Frozen cookies will keep fresh for at least 6 months.
More Delicious Cookie Recipes
- White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flourless Brownie Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Almond Butter Cookies
Share this recipe on Pinterest
Love this Cranberry Pistachio Cookies recipe?
Share it with the world on Pinterest.
Cranberry Pistachio Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups cashew butter can use tahini or any smooth nut/seed butter
- 1 cup sugar white, or sugar free subs * See notes
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs ** See notes
- 1/4 cup pistachios chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips sugar free or standard
- 2 tablespoon chocolate chips of choice optional
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your cashew butter, baking soda, sweetener, and eggs. Mix well until combined. Fold through your cranberries, pistachios, and white chocolate chips and mix well. Cover your bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a cookie scoop, form 12 large or 18 small balls of dough. Place on the lined tray and press into a slight cookie shape.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until just cooked on the edges. Remove and allow to cool completely.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.