These 3 ingredient chocolate chip cookies are your instant fix when you need a cookie! No flour, no eggs, no butter, and no milk needed, they are soft and oozing with chocolate!
3 Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies
Why you need these chocolate chip cookies-
- 3 Ingredients. This isn’t a joke, it’s literally three ingredients- Peanut butter, brown sugar, and chocolate chips.
- No flour or grains. Not only are these cookies completely flourless, but they also have no grains either. That means no almond flour or coconut flour.
- No butter or milk. These are typical ingredients in cookies but not this one. Seriously, you won’t need anything from the fridge at all.
- One bowl. This recipe also provides the easiest clean-up ever- Just one bowl and one spoon needed to whip them up!
Now, these aren’t your traditional 3 ingredient chocolate chip cookie recipe. As they have leavening agents or eggs, they have no real binding agent. As such, the texture is super soft and melts in your mouth. They are sweet and bursting with chocolate chips, you’ll find it hard to stop at one!
How do you make three ingredient chocolate chip cookies?
- Peanut butter– Any smooth peanut butter can be used. Avoid using crunchy or all natural peanut butter as it will be harder to form a smooth dough. If you have a peanut allergy or want to keep this peanut free, you can use almond butter, cashew butter, or tahini.
- Granulated sweetener of choice– Brown sugar, coconut sugar, or a sugar free alternative (keto brown sugar works a treat!). Avoid using white sugar, as it will be more prone to crumbling.
- Chocolate chips– I used dairy free chocolate chips (to keep these cookies vegan!) but feel free to use standard or keto chocolate chips.
Start by adding the peanut butter and sweetener into a mixing bowl and mix together until combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold through the chocolate chips. Cover the bowl and place it in the freezer for an hour, to firm up.
Now, remove the bowl from the freezer. Using a spoon, scoop out portions of the dough and place them on a lined cookie sheet. Use the back of the spoon to shape the portions of dough into a cookie shape. Place in a preheated oven and bake at 180C/350F for 18-20 minutes, until golden brown. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the cookie sheet completely.
Tips to make the best 3 ingredient cookies
- The cookies are very soft and fragile, so they need to cool completely before enjoying them. If you’d prefer thicker or sturdy cookies, try flourless peanut butter cookies or almond butter cookies.
- Reserve a handful of chocolate chips to press into the top of the baked cookies. This is both for aesthetic purposes, and to ensure pools of chocolate with every bite.
- You must freeze the dough prior to baking them. As these cookies are super soft, they are prone to spreading easily. Freezing them beforehand stops them from overspreading without needing baking soda or powder.
Storing and freezing tips
- To store: Place cookies onto a plate and cover them in plastic or saran wrap, and keep them at room temperature for up to 5 days. You can also store them in the refrigerator and they will keep for up to 2 weeks.
- To freeze: Leftover cookies can be stored in the freezer in a sealable container. The cookies will keep well for up to 6 months.
More 3 ingredient recipes to try
3 Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies
- In a large mixing bowl, add the peanut butter and brown sugar and mix until combined. Fold through the chocolate chips. Cover the bowl and freeze for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the mixing bowl from the freezer. Using your hands, form 12 balls of dough and place them onto the lined sheet. Bake the cookies for 15-20 minutes, or until they are firm around the edges.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool completely.