Smooth creamy and with the taste and texture of real brownie batter, this healthy brownie batter dip is single serve and perfect to curb that sweet tooth! With no butter, white flour, sugar or oil, it’s the ideal balanced breakfast or snack choice to make you feel good! Naturally gluten free, vegan, dairy free, paleo and with a protein packed option!
…Because I realised when making these brownies that because they had no eggs in them- They could be eaten as it is.
Can you hear me?
Sorry, guys. I was just seeing where my bloody savory tooth had gone. Since arriving in Los Angeles, I swear my sweet tooth has returned out of nowhere with a vengeance, and I’m not happy at all. I mean, I guess it makes sense, because I’ve been sharing a slew of sweet recipes lately, but it doesn’t make things any easier.
I actually am not sure when my sweet tooth came into the picture, but I think it was more prevalent when I was in the midst of my weight loss…and it remained. Growing up, I was always team salty tooth. Whenever I went to the movies, attended parties or in the presence of a buffet- I’d tackle all things savory and scoff at the sweet stuff.
When I was losing weight, I started to pay more attention to my taste buds and for some odd reason, they started to ask for all things sweet. Whenever the infamous ‘treat day’ came along, I’d always choose cake or some form of sugar. Even after I reached my maintenance stage, my sweet tooth never disappeared, although it hasn’t been back with such intensity….until now.
Becuase of my raging sweet tooth, I like to make single serve recipes which is nothing new here. Does anyone remember my single serve breakfast cookie phase? Well, it looks like it’s transformed to dips/cookie doughs and the similar. I mean, why wouldn’t you want to dig into a huge serving of cookie dough or cake batter and not feel sick after it? Even better when it’s perfectly acceptable for breakfast and even better if it’s healthy too. Enter the newest member of the family- Healthy Brownie Batter dip for one.
This healthy brownie batter dip has the taste and texture of real brownie batter but without the typical ingredients- This recipe has no white flour, sugar, oil or butter in the entire recipe! It’s full of fiber, protein and even includes a serving of fruit OR veggies- Depending on which option you choose! It only takes five minutes to whip up and is pretty much no mess! For my friends who follow a paleo, vegan, gluten free and dairy free recipe- This recipe is totally suitable for you. As always, I do recommend using one of the following protein powder blends (as they have been tested using them AND provide the thick texture)- This casein protein powder, this vegan brown rice blend and this paleo protein powder.
HACK! This healthy brownie batter dip CAN be made in advance and in bulk- I would recommend you multiply the recipe by 4 or 8 (or 12, 16, 20….that’s all I can count up to) for the best consistency and texture.
Make this healthy brownie batter dip for one and the next time the sweet tooth strikes, don’t be a goose like me and mope.
Healthy Brownie Batter Dip For One
- 1 small overripe banana OR 1/2 cup pumpkin OR 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup protein powder of choice I tried a brown rice blend, casein brand and paleo brand- Optional
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour can substitute for coconut flour or almond flour for paleo version*
- 1 tablespoon + granulated sweetener of choice optional**
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon nut butter of choice I used cashew
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon + dairy free milk of choice
- Dairy free chocolate chips or other add-ins of choice optional
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed starch, protein powder, flour of choice, cocoa powder and sweetener and mix very well.
- In a small microwave-safe dish or stovetop, melt the nut butter with the maple syrup and add to the pumpkin mixture until fully incorporated.
- Using a tablespoon, add dairy free milk of choice until desired consistency is reached. Top with chocolate chips and enjoy!
** I used sweetened protein powder so omitted. Adjust accordingly
The longer it sits in the fridge, the thicker it becomes. I love prepping it the night before purely for this reason- I find I don't even need the extra dairy free milk.
This can be frozen and thawed before consumption.
Does your tooth play favorites?
What do you do to satisfy your sweet/savory tooth? I once ate baking chocolate. It wasn’t the best…until I added sea salt. Zing.