Delicious, healthy no bake thin mint treats which take less than 10 minutes to whip up! They are vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, have a protein packed and paleo option- A quick and easy snack to have on hand which taste like a thin mint!
It was ironic that a week after I announced recreating seven of the Girl Scouts® Cookies in no bake form that Coffee-mate reached out to collaborate. I say ironic as they have released several creamer flavors inspired by the Girl Scouts® Cookies too. It was a tough choice when deciding which one to go with as my first cookie of the series and after seeing the Coffee-mate Girl Scouts® Thin Mints® flavor- I was sold.
To be honest, I was skeptical prior to trying this creamer. I’ve found often with ‘mint’ flavored products, the taste can be too overpowering which really detracts from the actual food or beverage. For example, when I made my friend Bec a batch of these extra chewy mint chocolate chip protein bars, I accidentally added several extra drops of peppermint extract. These took the subtle mint taste to another level- It was as though I’d asked Bec to brush her teeth simultaneously!
Fortunately, the Coffee-mate Girl Scouts® Thin Mints® flavor was just the perfect amount of mint to chocolate to sweetness ratio and so delicious, I was tempted to stop ‘sampling’ it and pour myself a glass.
My intentions were to pair a coffee spiked with the Girl Scouts® Thin Mints® flavor in it but then thought….why not add some IN to the cookies themselves? Granted, I’d trialled these cookies without it, but for those wanting something just that much more special and indulgent, this is your answer.
These Healthy No Bake Thin Mint Treats look sinful and indulgent but are actually pretty darn healthy and nutritious! Not only do they only take 10 minutes to whip up, they also are suitable for most dietary lifestyles, depending on which option you choose- Gluten free, vegan, dairy free, high protein AND a paleo option too!
For those who don’t have access to the Girl Scouts® Thin Mints® creamer, you can easily sub in peppermint extract, but ensure you only use a drop otherwise you WILL have the same experience as my friend did.
Make these healthy No Bake Thin Mint Treats and be snacking in the sinfully nutritious way!
Healthy No Bake Thin Mint Cookie Bites
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour*
- ½ cup dark cocoa powder
- ¼ cup granulated sweetener of choice I used coconut palm sugar
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder optional
- ½ cup nut butter of choice I used homemade nutella
- Pinch peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon + dairy free milk of choice***
- 1 block dairy free chocolate to coat (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oat flour, cocoa powder, granulated sweetener of choice and protein powder, if using it.
- Add the peppermint extract and mix very well. Using a tablespoon, add the dairy free milk of choice until a thick batter is formed.
- Using your hands, form cookie shapes with the batter and place on a lined plate and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Melt the extra dark chocolate and allow it to cool very slightly. Coat each frozen cookie in the melted chocolate and line on a lined baking tray or plate. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm
*** Adjust accordingly. Depending on what combination of flour you use/protein powder etc- You will most likely need more. When I used coconut flour, I used close to a full cup.
Ever gone ‘one drop over’ with the flavor extracts?
Are you a fan of mint flavored treats? One of my best friends, Andria, is half Junior Mint.