These keto chocolate cookies are so soft, chewy, and full of chocolate flavor, you won’t believe they are low carb! Made with just 5 ingredients, there is no flour and no sugar needed at all. 3 grams net carbs per serving.
Keto Chocolate Cookies
If you ever visit my kitchen, you’ll always notice a jar full of cookies. Every single week, I top up my jar with some form of cookies, ready in case some friends pop by or if I need a little something with my coffee. While I try and change up the flavors and the kinds of cookies, I’ve recently loved making classic chocolate cookies.
I’ve been meaning to share a keto chocolate cookie recipe for quite some time. They have been my go-to dessert over the past few months and a fabulous break from traditional chocolate chip cookies. They literally need 4 ingredients and they take 12 minutes to make.
No flour and no sugar are needed, but you’d never tell. The texture of the cookies are thick, soft, and slightly chewy around the edges. They are sweet and full of chocolate flavor, they simply melt in your mouth.
I had some friends over for coffee the other day and served them these cookies and NO ONE believed me when I said that they were low carb- They tasted like bakery style cookies!
How do you make keto chocolate cookies?
- Peanut butter– Smooth and creamy peanut butter (a texture that it can easily mix well with other ingredients). If you’d like to use another nut butter, almond butter and cashew butter can also be used.
- Granulated sweetener of choice– I used allulose, but erythritol, and monk fruit sweetener can also be used.
- Cocoa powder– 100% unsweetened and sifted cocoa powder.
- Egg– Room temperature eggs.
- Baking soda– Optional, but helps the cookies from overspreading too much.
- Mix ins– Optional, but feel free to add some chocolate chips or chopped nuts, for some added texture.
Combine all your ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix well, until combined. If using any mix-ins, fold them through at the end. Next, use your hands to form 12 balls of dough and place them on two baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
Now, bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are just firm. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the sheet completely.
Can I prepare the dough in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the cookie dough in advance. Simply cover the bowl with plastic wrap and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Let the dough sit at room temperature for 45 minutes, prior to baking it.
Tips to make the best low carb chocolate cookies
- Do not overbake the cookies, as they continue to firm up once they are cooling down.
- Using two cookie sheets ensures that if the cookies spread a little bit, they won’t touch the cookies on their side.
- If you’d like thicker cookies, refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes prior to baking them.
- For a richer chocolate flavor, use dark cocoa powder or black cocoa powder.
Storing and freezing chocolate cookies
- To store: Leftover cookies can be stored at room temperature, covered, for up to 1 week. If you’d like them to keep longer, store them in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- To freeze: Place cookies in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More keto cookie recipes
- Sugar cookies
- Almond butter cookies
- Shortbread cookies
- Coconut flour cookies
- Almond flour peanut butter cookies
Share this recipe on Pinterest
Love this Keto Chocolate Cookies recipe?
Share it with the world on Pinterest.
Keto Chocolate Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well, until a thick batter remains. Fold through the chocolate chips.
- Form 12 balls of dough and place them on the lined tray. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are just baked.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool completely.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.