This keto cinnamon bread is so moist and tender, you won’t believe it is low carb! Made in just one bowl, this quick bread is perfect for a satisfying breakfast or even dessert! 2 grams net carbs per serving.
Keto Cinnamon Bread
When it comes to comforting keto sweet bread recipes, my favorites to make are coconut flour banana bread, pumpkin bread, and this easy cinnamon bread.
I’ve always been the kind of person who craves comfort food when the weather becomes cooler. Like clockwork, my cravings switch from avocado smoothies and coconut ice cream to chewy bagels and satisfying muffins. I find myself baking more and more during this time, especially quick breads and sweet loaves. While I don’t generally play favorites, my current obsession is this cinnamon bread!
I’ve been meaning to share a keto cinnamon bread recipe for quite some time. It’s my go-to quick bread during the cooler seasons, and has become quite a hit amongst my family too! My sister loves having a slice for breakfast and my mom claims it to be the perfect addition to her peppermint mocha. I personally love it warmed up with a smear of butter, and may or may not have eaten half a loaf for dinner the other night!
No grains and no sugar are needed, but you’d never tell! It’s texture is moist, slightly fluffy, and with a crunchy exterior. It’s sweet and full of cinnamon flavor, without being overpowering!
I had some friends over for brunch the other morning and served them this loaf and NO ONE believed me when I said it was low carb and gluten free- They thought it was made with white flour and sugar!
How do you make low carb cinnamon bread?
- Almond flour– Blanched almond flour or superfine almond flour. Avoid using almond meal as it could make the loaf dense and gritty.
- Coconut flour– A little coconut flour makes the bread a little more cakey and tender.
- Granulated sweetener of choice– I used erythritol, but monk fruit sweetener and keto brown sugar can also be used.
- Cinnamon– A must for a cinnamon heavy recipe! Use Saigon cinnamon if possible, as it has the best cinnamon flavor.
- Baking powder– Gives a slight rise and leavening to the loaf.
- Salt- Use this only if you use unsalted butter.
- Eggs– Room temperature eggs.
- Greek yogurt– The secret ingredient to give it extra moisture. You can also use sour cream or quark.
- Butter– Salted and softened butter. If you use unsalted butter, you will need to add the salt.
- Milk– Any milk can be used. I used unsweetened almond milk.
- Cinnamon crunch topping– A combination of cinnamon and erythritol or monk fruit sweetener. This forms the gorgeous cinnamon crunch on top!
In a large mixing bowl, add your dry ingredients and mix well. Next, add the wet ingredients and mix until fully incorporated. Transfer to a loaf pan.
Now, sprinkle the top of the loaf with the cinnamon/sweetener mixture to cover it completely. Bake the loaf for around 50 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean and the top is golden and crunchy, Let the bread cool completely, before slicing it up.
Tips to make the best almond flour cinnamon bread
- Be very generous with the cinnamon and sweetener topping, as some of it seeps into the batter while it is cooking.
- Do not overbake the bread, as it continues to cook as it is cooling down.
- Feel free to omit the cinnamon crunch topping and replace it with some cream cheese frosting.
- For an egg free version, you will enjoy a cinnamon swirl bread.
Storing and freezing cinnamon bread
- To store: Leftover cinnamon bread should be stored in the refrigerator in a sealed container or covered completely. This will keep well for up to 1 week.
- To freeze: Place slices of the cinnamon bread in a ziplock bag and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More easy keto quick bread recipes to try
Keto Cinnamon Bread
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sweetener of choice Erythritol or monk fruit sweetener
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt omit if using salted butter
- 1/2 cup butter softened and salted
- 3 large eggs room temperature * See notes
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt can use sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the cinnamon crunch
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon granulated sweetener of choice
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Grease and line a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients and mix well. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well, until fully incorporated.
- Transfer the batter into the loaf pan. Sprinkle the cinnamon and sweetener over the top. Bake the cinnamon bread for 45-50 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean and the topping is crunchy.
- Remove from the oven and let the loaf cool completely, before slicing.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
What gluten free flour can be used instead of almond flour? Allergic to all nuts. Thanks
I made this today for my Christmas bread collection. My daughter will be the one who devours this since she is all about the cinnamon. The flavor is very good; it is slightly sweet the texture is good; if you make Arman’s keto bread you will find this a little bit softer than that bread. At least it was for me. The topping, for me, was a bit burned on the top but that could be my oven so next time I make this (and I will!) I will put the topping on half way through the baking. Thank you again!!
Amazing! I love healthy sweet treats that I can eat guilt-free. the pictures look delicious. Can’t wait to try it out
OH WOW! 5hese are fabulous. I decided to make 12 muffins instead of one loaf, easier for portion control. I forgot to put in the vanilla, but it’s still pretty darn good. Also forgot the topping
Will definitely be making these again
We also made muffins, for better portion control…glad we did. probably wouldn’t have stopped until they were gone!
Definitely A winner
Recently started keto and missing bread. These are fantastic! I did as others mentioned and baked in muffins. I used sour cream. They almost burned on top so recommend reducing time for muffins by at least ten minutes. I put the topping on after, dipped tops in butter and then cinnamon sugar mix. So good! Can’t wait to try your other keto breads and goodies!
Thank you, Erin!
Do you cool in pan or out, or both?
In the pan is fine!
Wow, Arman! Once again, I’m amazed. I had a slice warm out of the oven with some butter on it and I thought I’d died and gone to heaven. Doesn’t taste like keto at all… tastes decadent. Thanks! You’re so my new go-to keto recipe spot.
Grrrrr… terrible about forgetting the stars! 🙂
You are an absolute Gem, Kelly!v
reply to Jennifer:
you can try putting half the batter in, sprinkle the topping, then top with rest of batter. would be more like a cinnamon swirl
These are amazing! Like others, I made this into 12 muffins. I baked them at 350 degree’s for 30 minutes and they are perfect! The inside is soft and very moist and the outside has a great cinnamon crunch…perfect!
Next time I’ll add some chopped pecans!
I love your easy recipes Arman!
Awesome flavor and texture! If I hadn’t made these myself, I wouldn’t have believed they were low carb. Can’t wait to make these for my diabetic buddy. Definitely printing this one out for my Keto recipe folder.
I used Country Crock plant based butter, sour cream, erythritol, and a pinch of nutmeg in the muffins. I scooped the batter into muffin tins (perfectly made 12 muffins) and sprinkled the cinnamon topping on before baking 30 min(I used 1 T of Swerve brown sugar in it, too). I wouldn’t say the topping BURNED, but it LOOKED burned, so next time I might add it later in baking. Also, because it darkened up so much, I might try making a cute design with it. I’ve shoveled 3 of these in my face already, so I’m not too worried about that topping. 🙂