This keto graham cracker crust is a low carb and sugar free take on the classic dessert crust! Made with just 3 ingredients, it’s easily customizable and has ZERO graham crackers in it! 2 grams net carbs per serving.
Keto Graham Cracker Crust
If I had to pick a favorite kind of dessert to make, it will always be on with a sweet and buttery crust. As someone who loves textures and flavors, I love a thick crust filled with a creamy or fluffy filling. This means that cheesecake, no bake tarts, and pies are always made in my kitchen.
Since going keto, I’ve been on a mission to create a simple and delicious pie crust. I do have simple almond flour crust, but I prefer those for savory recipes or a fancy tart. Instead, I wanted something that was perfect for a no bake dessert. Before going keto, I’d always make a graham cracker crust, so I had to give it a low carb makeover!
I’ve been meaning to share a keto graham cracker crust for quite some time. It’s been my go-to crust whenever I need to whip up a no bake dessert, a cheesecake, or even a fabulous pie! It takes seconds to prep and needs just 3 ingredients!
Now, this crust may look incredibly fancy, but I promise you, it is virtually foolproof. No sugar and no grains are needed, but you’d never tell. The texture is thick, crumbly, and beautifully buttery. It’s sweet and the flavor can easily be changed, depending on what cookie you use!
As someone who loves graham crackers but can’t enjoy them because they aren’t keto, being able to make my own crust substitute has been a game changer!
How do you make a keto graham cracker crust?
- Cookies– You want to use a mild flavored cookie, similar to a traditional graham cracker. I prefer to use either peanut butter cookies or shortbread cookies.
- Granulated sweetener of choice– I used allulose, but erythritol, and monk fruit sweetener can be used.
- Butter– Unsalted and melted butter.
Start by adding your cookies into a high speed blender or food processor. Blend very well, until fine crumbs remain. Now, transfer into a large mixing bowl. Add your granulated sweetener and melted butter and whisk together, until combined and a texture similar to wet sand.
Now, transfer into an 8 or 9-inch pie dish and refrigerate for at least an hour, to firm up.
Tips to make the best low carb graham cracker crust
- If you’d like a crispy and firm crust, bake it for 10-15 minutes at 180C/350F. Let it cool completely, before filling.
- You can use any cookie you like. Avoid ones that have chocolate chips or dried fruit/nuts mixed in. I like using chocolate cookies when making chocolate-inspired desserts.
- Make sure your butter is melted, otherwise there will be chunks of butter throughout.
- This crust can be used for individual desserts, like cheesecake cupcakes.
Storing and freezing graham cracker crust
- To store: Graham cracker crust can be stored in the refrigerator, covered. It will keep well for at least 4 weeks.
- To freeze: Place the crust in a shallow container (or in the pie tin itself!) and ensure it is completely covered. Place it in the freezer and it will keep well frozen for up to 6 months. Thaw it overnight in the refrigerator before using it.
What to use this crust for
Keto Graham Cracker Crust
- In a high speed blender or food processor, add your cookies and blend until a fine crumb remains. Measure out 1 1/2 cups and place it into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sweetener and melted butter and mix until fully combined. Transfer into an 8 or 9-inch pie pan and press into place. Refrigerate it for at least an hour.