This keto strawberry cake is so moist, fluffy, and bursting with strawberries, you won’t believe it is low carb! Simple ingredients, but sure to impress! 3 grams net carbs per serving.
Keto Strawberry Cake
Whenever I see strawberries popping up around the grocery store, I know that spring is near. To me, this means an abundance of baking with strawberries. See, I love eating strawberries on their own but I feel like when they are in desserts, they taste so much better.
Fortunately, strawberries are suitable for a keto diet, and I love adding them to various desserts whenever I can. One of my friends is obsessed with a strawberry cake and begged me to make a low carb version of it. As someone who loves a challenge, I opted to use my latest strawberries to use in a cake!
I’ve been meaning to share a keto strawberry cake recipe for quite some time. It’s perfect for a spring or summer dessert, or anytime you find yourself with fresh strawberries! The cake is so simple to put together and requires minimal prep.
No dairy and no sugar are needed, but you’d never tell. The texture is moist, fluffy, and with a lovely tender crumb. It’s plesantly sweet with hints of strawberry throughout.
I had some friends over for dinner the other night and served them this cake for dessert and NO ONE believed me when I said that it was low carb- They thought I bought it from a cake shop!
How do you make a keto strawberry cake?
- Almond flour– You must use blanched almond flour, not almond meal. The latter will not yield a moist and fluffy cake, and be somewhat gritty.
- Baking powder– Gives structure to the cake, and gives a slight rise.
- Salt– Balances out the other ingredients and brings out the sweetness of the strawberries and sweetener.
- Eggs– Room temperature eggs.
- Coconut oil– Measured in its melted state.
- Vanilla extract– A must for any good cake.
- Granulated sweetener of choice– Erythritol, monk fruit sweetener, and allulose can all be used. I prefer using erythritol for this cake.
- Strawberries– Fresh and sliced strawberries. Do not use frozen strawberries, as they will seep through the cake as it bakes.
- Vanilla frosting– To top and layer the cake with. I used a homemade keto frosting.
Start by mixing together your dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside. Next, in a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, sweetener, and vanilla extract, until completely combined. Gently mix in the dry ingredients until no clumps remain, before folding through the sliced strawberries at the end.
Now, transfer the cake batter into a greased 8-inch cake pan. Bake the cake for 25-30 minutes, until a skewer comes out mostly clean. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan completely, before frosting.
Tips to make the best low carb strawberry cake
- Use a springform cake pan for easy removal. They can easily be purchased at any general or kitchen store (I even found mine at the supermarket).
- Reserve some extra strawberries to decorate the top of the cake with.
- If you’d like to make a layer cake, double the ingredients, and the frosting.
Storing and freezing the almond flour strawberry cake
- To store: Strawberry cake can be stored in the refrigerator, completely covered, for up to 1 week.
- To freeze: Place slices of the cake in a sealable container and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More keto cake recipes to try
Keto Strawberry Cake
- Preheat the oven to 160C/320F. Grease an 8-inch springform cake pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add your almond flour and baking powder and mix until combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and sweetener, until glossy and combined. Gently add in the dry ingredients and mix well. Fold through the strawberries.
- Transfer the cake batter into the greased cake pan. Bake for 25-27 minutes, or until a skewer comes out mostly clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool in the pan completely, before removing and frosting.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.