These healthy no bake hot chocolate cookies are soft, chewy and take less than 5-minutes to make! Naturally paleo and vegan, these fudgy chocolate no bake cookies come with a keto and low carb option!
Keto Vegan No Bake Cookies
Classic chocolate no bake cookies used to be a staple in my kitchen. My grandma and mum would often make them, although both claiming their versions were better.
To be quite honest, I think my grandma’s won over mum’s, purely because she didn’t limit me to just one.
Both of them used the same method, and what really stood out from other chocolate no bake cookies was that they didn’t use peanut butter (a common ingredient in no bake cookies!), and added some hot cocoa mix to it.
The addition of hot cocoa mix really brought out the chocolate flavor and was perfect to contribute to cookie exchanges and holiday parties.
Healthy No Bake Cookies Without Peanut Butter
These days, I’m stuck on my own when it comes to making chocolate no bake cookies..but that’s okay! It means I can give them a healthy twist and also share them with you on here!
Instead of using traditional no bake cookie ingredients, I used some smart swaps. Not only did I want the cookies to be paleo, vegan and gluten-free, but also have an option for my keto friends.
My healthy homemade chocolate no bake cookies have no sugar, no peanut butter and made without oats. Instead, they are either sweetened with dates or uses homemade chocolate spread.
Chocolate No Bake Cookies Without Sugar
For a no bake cookie loaded with healthy ingredients, I promise that they taste anything but! The texture is soft, chewy and with an almost fudgy consistency.
If you prefer a firmer or chewier cookie, you can enjoy them straight from the refrigerator.
This gives you no excuses not to have healthy cookies on hand at any time of the day, or a last minute party or gathering you need to attend!
The best part? You don’t need to buy any store-bought hot chocolate or hot cocoa mix. Why?
I’ve got a recipe for a DIY healthy homemade hot cocoa/hot chocolate mix! Simply sprinkle this over the tops (and sub out half the cocoa powder in the recipe!) for it and voila- HOT CHOCOLATE meets cookies!
Hot chocolate no bake cookies (Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-Free)- Tips!
- Instead of using all almonds, sub out half or more for other raw nuts, including walnuts or cashews
- Cacao powder can be used instead of cocoa powder
- Add some fun add-ins- Mini chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips or even chocolate chunks
Swaps for the keto chocolate no bake cookies- Tips!
- Instead of using homemade chocolate spread, you can use a keto-approved store-bought chocolate spread
- Add stevia sweetened chocolate chips or chopped up pieces of sugar free dark chocolate
No Bake Paleo Vegan Hot Chocolate Cookies (Keto)
Original Hot Chocolate No Bake Cookies
For the original hot chocolate no bake cookies
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, combine your almonds and nuts of choice and blend until crumbly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the hot chocolate mix, and blend until a thick batter remains. Ensure you scrape down the sides regularly. If the batter is too thick, add some liquid to get it all moving.
- Transfer the batter to a large mixing bowl. Slightly wet your hands. Form small balls with your cookie dough. Place on a lined plate or tray and press each ball into a cookie shape. Sprinkle with the hot chocolate mix and refrigerate until firm.
For the keto hot chocolate no bake cookies
- In a large mixing bowl, add your chocolate spread and sticky sweetener and mix until combined.
- Using a tablespoon, add coconut flour slowly and continually mix, ensuring the batter is well combined. Once a thick batter remains, add your chocolate chips.
- Slightly wet your hands. Form small balls with the dough, and place on a lined plate or tray. Press each ball into a cookie shape. Sprinkle with homemade hot chocolate mix and refrigerate or freeze until firm.