The Best Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies: Soft and chewy flourless paleo chocolate chip cookies made with just 4 ingredients! Vegan, Keto, Low Carb.
You guys, I’ve been using this extra time at home to clean out my pantry and kitchen.
You’d be surprised at the little ‘gems’ you find here and there. Ingredients you bought ‘once upon a time’ but have long forgotten about.
I made it my weekend project to make room for some future orders and found in the corner of my pantry a lonely jar of cashew butter.
Drippy, creamy cashew butter that I completely forgot I had bought…. and now perfect to make cookies with.
Now, I know I have a plethora of cookie recipes on here. Some of my most popular ones include these keto vegan chocolate chip cookies, flourless almond butter cookies, and my famous 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies.
What was missing was a good, classic PALEO chocolate chip cookie.
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Okay, not to toot my own horn, but these paleo chocolate chip cookies WILL be on your cookie rotation.
They tick all the boxes you want from any fabulous chocolate chip cookie recipe-
Soft and chewy cookies with the most buttery texture, they are LOADED with chocolate chips and chocolate chunks, promising mouthfuls of chocolate with every bite. Add a sprinkle of sea salt on top and you will hit all the senses.
Easy Flourless Paleo Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Even better? These paleo cookies are made with no flour, and need just 4 ingredients to make!
No fancy kitchen mixers, no chilling, and perfect every single time.
Oh, and they only take 12 minutes to make.
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients
- Cashew butter. Smooth and drippy cashew butter, NOT crunchy. When I say ‘drippy’, I mean that it is super liquid-like, and perfect to mix into a batter!
- Egg. Room temperature eggs are preferred, but refrigerated is fine too. See below for vegan and egg-free substitutions.
- Granulated Sweetener of choice. I have tried these cookies with both coconut palm sugar and monk fruit sweetener (granulated) and prefer the latter. It also keeps the cookies sugar-free.
- Chocolate chips. Dairy-free and vegan chocolate chip cookies or you can chop up a bar of your favorite paleo chocolate.
- Baking soda. Reduces the cookies spreading too much, and gives them a little rise.
Ingredient Substitution Questions
- Can I substitute the cashew butter for something else? You can easily substitute the cashew butter for another nut or seed butter. Almond butter, peanut butter, tahini, and sunflower seed butter are all fantastic substitutes.
- Is there a vegan substitute for the eggs? To keep these cookies vegan, you can replace the egg with ground chia seed (3-4 tablespoons). DO NOT prepare it as a chia egg.
- Can I make these cookies sugar-free? Yes, to keep these cookies keto and sugar-free, use monk fruit sweetener and use sugar-free chocolate chips.
- Is the baking soda mandatory? Baking soda isn’t mandatory, but you may find that your cookies will spread more.
- Can I freeze the dough to make later? I don’t recommend freezing the dough beforehand, as it crumbles when brought to room temperature.
Storing and Freezing Chocolate Chip Cookies
- To store. Place leftover cookies in a sealable container, and keep at room temperature. They will keep fresh for up to 5 days. The cookies can also be stored in the refrigerator if you want them to last longer.
- To freeze. Chocolate chip cookies are freezer friendly and can be stored in the freezer. Place cookies in a ziplock bag or freezer-friendly container. They will keep fresh for up to 6 months.
Tips and tricks for PERFECT paleo chocolate chip cookies
- Use good quality chocolate chips or chocolate bar, as this will really impact the flavor. Also, the better the quality, the better they melt.
- If you prefer thicker and chewier cookies, refrigerate the dough for 1-2 hours prior. You don’t need to, but I found that it really helps to ensure it doesn’t overspread.
- Like any good baking recipe, do not overmix the batter; this too will see the cookie spreading if mixed too much.
- Save some chocolate chips to place on top of the cookies, before baking them!
- Do not overbake the cookies- Remember, they continue to cook as they cool.
- Be careful when transferring to the wire rack to cool, as they will be fragile.
Popular Paleo Cookies you’ll love
- Flourless Brownie Cookies
- Paleo Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Paleo Breakfast Cookies
- Best Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Best Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies (Keto, Vegan option!)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all your ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, and mix until just combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold through the chocolate chips.
- Using your hands, form 12 balls of dough. Place them on the lined baking tray, 2 inches apart. Gently press down into a slight cookie shape. Top with extra chocolate chips.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until just beginning to go golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and let cool on the pan for 10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.