These paleo chocolate chip cookies are perfectly soft, chewy, and loaded with paleo friendly chocolate chips! 5 ingredients, no flour, and made in just one bowl!
Chocolate chip cookies should be their own food group.
I am yet to find a cookie I didn’t like. I’ve tried them in tons of ways too, including for breakfast, in the air fryer, and all kinds of dietary styles. I know I shouldn’t play favorites but I love paleo chocolate chip cookies.
- 5 Ingredients. Minimal ingredients but full of flavor!
- Ready in 12 minutes. The entire baking time is less than 12 minutes (and just two minutes prep time).
- Soft and chewy. These cookies tick the texture boxes completely.
- Made in one bowl. No clean up or huge mess made with these.
These cookies are so darn delicious, no one will know they are paleo and gluten free. They taste like any good chocolate chip cookie out there. You won’t stop at one!
- Almond butter– Smooth almond butter with no added sugar. Skip the expensive store bought kind and make your own.
- Coconut sugar– A paleo friendly sweetener that is like brown sugar and white sugar.
- Eggs– Room temperature.
- Baking soda– Helps the cookies from overspreading and yields thicker cookies.
- Chocolate chips– Dairy free chocolate chips.
Make the cookie dough: In a mixing bowl, cream together the almond butter, coconut sugar, eggs, and baking soda. Fold through the chocolate chips.
Refrigerate the dough: Cover the bowl and refrigerate the dough for at least an hour or up to two days.
Bake the cookies: Roll out balls of cookie dough and place them on two baking sheets. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are done.
Expert tips for success
- Refrigerate the dough. Let the dough chill for at least an hour to help the cookies remain thick
- Add chocolate chips on top. This ensures every cookie has chocolate in every bite!
- Do not over-mix the dough. This risks the cookies become flat and thin instead of thick and chewy.
- Use two baking sheets. Allow enough space for the cookies to spread slightly.
Dietary and flavor variations
- Swap out the almond butter. Cashew butter, tahini, and sunflower seed butter are all paleo-friendly nut/seed butters.
- Make it eggless. Try one of these egg substitutes instead of eggs.
- Add some mix-ins. Chopped nuts, raisins, or even a chopped up unsweetened chocolate bar.
- Change up the sweetener. Maple syrup and honey can replace the coconut sugar.
- Cut the sugar. Use a brown sugar substitute and sugar free chocolate chips.
Storing and freezing instructions
- To store: Leftover cookies can be stored at room temperature, covered, for up to two weeks. If you’d like them to keep longer, store them in the refrigerator.
- To freeze: Place the leftover cookies in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Keto chocolate chocolate chips
- Vegan chocolate chip cookies
- Peanut butter cookies
- Coconut flour cookies
- Almond flour cookies
Frequently Asked Questions
There are 15 carbs in each paleo cookie. If you want a lower carb cookie, try one of these keto desserts.
If the semi-sweet chocolate chips have no dairy in them, they are suitable for a paleo diet. Popular brands include Enjoy Life and Bob’s Red Mill.
Peanut butter is not suitable for a paleo diet. Alternatives include sunflower seed butter, tahini, and almond butter.
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies (5 Ingredients!)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all your ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, and mix until just combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold through the chocolate chips.
- Using your hands, form 12 balls of dough. Place them on the lined baking tray, 2 inches apart. Gently press down into a slight cookie shape. Top with extra chocolate chips.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, until they go golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and let cool on the pan for 10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.