Healthy peanut butter and jelly cookie bars are an easy and delicious low carb dessert recipe ready in 30 minutes! My keto peanut butter jelly bars are gooey on the inside and loaded with strawberries! Made without sugar and without eggs, this peanut butter jelly cookie bar recipe is paleo, vegan and gluten-free!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
These peanut butter and jelly cookie bars (PB&J) are my new favorite dessert recipe. They are like a soft and gooey peanut butter cookie but in bar form!
Cookie bars are pretty much just that. All the best parts of a cookie, but all the batter baked in a loaf pan! Some of my favorites include these strawberry cookie bars, chocolate chip cookie bars, and peanut butter cookie bars.
With the addition of soft and gooey strawberries, it gives the classic PB&J a run for its money!
Traditional peanut butter cookie bars are made with eggs, flour, sugar and of course, peanut butter.
My version is a little bit different. It is secretly healthy and low carb and made without any sugar or dairy. It’s also completely eggless, which is perfect for those following a vegan and ketogenic diet!
Tender on the outside, ooey and gooey on the inside, these cookie bars are LOADED with the good stuff. Fresh strawberries, chocolate chips and hints of peanut butter!
How to make healthy Peanut Butter Jelly Cookie Bars
- Preheat the oven and line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside. Baking the bars in parchment paper promises an easy removal.
- Prepare your flax egg (egg substitute) so it has time to firm up and produce a gel-like texture.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients and mix well. In a seperate small bowl, combine your wet ingredients. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer your batter into the lined pan, and place extra strawberries and chocolate chips on top.
- Bake the cookie bars for 20-25 minutes, or until golden on the edges and gooey in the center.
- Allow bars to cool completely, before slicing into bars.
Storing peanut butter jelly cookie bars
Healthy peanut butter jelly bars can keep at room temperature but are best stored in the fridge. Refrigerating the cookie bars will allow them to keep for up to 7 days, and produce a thicker, gooey center texture.
Ensure the refrigerated cookie bars are covered.
Peanut butter and jelly bars are also freezer friendly and can be stored in the freezer. Wrap each cookie bar individually in parchment paper and place in a shallow container or ziplock bag. Frozen cookie bars will keep for at least 6 months.
To enjoy cookie bars from the freezer, allow thawing completely at room temperature.
Peanut Butter Substitutions
For those with peanut allergies or to keep these cookie bars paleo friendly, here are the best substitutions.
More healthy dessert recipes
Keto Peanut Butter Jelly Bars Recipe (Vegan, Paleo)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 cup granulated sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup peanut butter Can sub for any nut or seed butter of choice
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk of choice I used coconut milk
- 1/2 cup strawberries chopped
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips of choice Optional
- Prepare your flax egg by combining your ground flaxseed with 2 1/2 tablespoons of water. Allow sitting for 10 minutes, until a gel is formed.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients and mix well. In a separate small bowl, combine your flax egg, peanut butter, milk of choice, and vanilla extract and mix very well.
- Combine your wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix well, until fully combined. Fold through half your chocolate chips and strawberries, reserving a few to top the cookie bars with.
- Pour the cookie bar batter into the lined pan and spread out evenly. Top with strawberries and chocolate chips and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and a toothpick comes out the center 'just' clean.
- Remove cookie bars from the oven and allow to cool in the pan completely, before slicing into bars.