These baked turkey wings have a perfectly seasoned and crispy skin that covers the juiciest and most moist meat. Minimal prep is needed, and so delicious!
Turkey is one of our favorite proteins to cook with.
Why this recipe works
- Perfectly seasoned yet simple. Like turkey drumsticks, this recipe doesn’t go heavy on spices and herbs. A few simple spices and herbs are used to make well-seasoned wings.
- Hands-off cooking. Baked in the oven, this recipe allows you to tackle other tasks around the kitchen while it cooks.
- Crispy and flavorful. Cooking the wings covered first yields juicy turkey, while cooking it open at the end results in crispy skin.
- Easier than a whole turkey. If you are craving turkey but cooking a whole bird seems to be too much work, this recipe is your best bet. The wings are also cheaper than a whole turkey.
What I love about this recipe is how easy it is to adapt the flavors. Like chicken wings, they can be seasoned or doused in your favorite sauces or marinades.
This delicious recipe has a very short ingredient list. Here’s everything you’ll need.
- Turkey wings. Separated. Turkey wings are typically separated into three parts – drumettes, wingettes, and wingtips.
- Chicken stock. Homemade or store-bought. Turkey stock will work too.
- Olive oil. To mix with the spices and coat the wings before baking them.
- Spices. Paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder are all I use for this recipe.
- Herbs. Dried thyme and parsley pair well with turkey.
- Salt. To taste.
How to bake crispy turkey wings
Besides a few minutes to prep, the oven takes care of all the hard work. Ready to bake up some crispy wings?
Step 1 – Marinate the turkey wings
Mix the olive oil with salt, dried herbs, and spices in a mixing bowl. Dredge to coat the wings in the spice mixture, cover, and allow to marinate for 5 minutes, or up to 30 minutes.
Step 2 – Bake and serve
Transfer the wings to a baking dish and pour the chicken stock around them. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake in the oven preheated to 190C/375F degrees for 30 minutes.
After this time, remove the foil cover and cook for 15 minutes until the wings are golden and crispy on the edges.
Baked turkey wings cooking time
Turkey wings may take 30 minutes or up to an hour to cook, depending on the size of the wings and the temperature of the oven.
No matter what oven temperature you use, remove them from the oven when they reach an internal temperature of 165F degrees in the thickest part.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Pat dry the wings. Doing this helps crisp up the wings faster when you broil them.
- Don’t skip the chicken stock. Pouring the stock around the wings and baking them covered creates a flavorful steam that cooks the turkey to perfection and infuses it with lots of flavor and moisture.
- Save the drippings. The chicken stock will leave behind delicious drippings. Don’t waste them. Turn them into gravy.
- Use turkey legs. This recipe works perfectly well for turkey legs too.
To store. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
To freeze. Baked wings can be frozen for up to 3 months.
To reheat. The best way to reheat these, whether frozen or right out of the fridge, is to bake them covered with foil until they rich a safe internal temperature of 165F degrees in the thickest part. Once heated through, broil the wings for a few minutes to crisp them up again.
More recipes using turkey to try
- Turkey sausage
- Ground turkey meatloaf
- Turkey bacon
- Air fryer turkey breast
- Turkey tenderloin
- Spatchcock turkey
Frequently asked questions
Overcooking and undercooking turkey wings are the main reasons they turn out tough.
This particular baked turkey wings recipe is healthy. Turkey wings are high in protein and a range of other essential nutrients.
With this said, turkey wings are considered dark meat. This means they are higher in calories and fat than turkey breast. So, consume them in moderation and paired with healthy side dishes.
Yes, you can bake turkey wings smothered in gravy. However, note that this cooking method won’t yield crispy results.
Turkey Wings Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F and arrange a rack in the middle of the oven.
- Mix the dry seasoning ingredients.
- Dredge the wings in spices and olive oil in a bowl and marinate for at least 5 minutes or up to 30 minutes.
- Transfer the turkey wings to a baking dish and pour the broth around them.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove the foil and let it cook uncovered until crispy and golden and the wings reach an internal temperature of 165F.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.