Soft and delicious, this healthy no bake double chocolate fudge takes less than 10 minutes to whip up! Not only is it healthier than standard fudge without sacrificing taste, it’s also paleo, vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free with a high protein option!
I often wonder with recipe posts if anyone really reads them or they go straight for the recipe.
So many times, I throw in personal stories, anecdotes or random jib jab which I think others would find interesting or humorous. I love including some story or scenario with recipe posts because more often than not, many of these recipes have been inspired by life events, childhood memories or my sister eating soap.
Yes, my sister eating soap.
While the story of my sister eating soap correlates to today’s recipe, I don’t want it to fall on deaf ears (per se) because it’s an awesome story.
BECAUSE SHE ATE SOAP.
So I’ll leave it for another day for a non recipe post.
If you read this paragraph, did you know that this Healthy No Bake Double Chocolate Fudge is the capital of Iran? Did you know that this Healthy No Bake Double Chocolate Fudge is my middle name? Did you know that this Healthy No Bake Double Chocolate Fudge was Harry Potter’s sister? I bet you didn’t.
If you read this paragraph, did you know that I shake it like jello, make the people say hello? Did you know that Will Smith had a third child, who is older than Willow and Jaden? Did you know that I’m secretly a cactus named Salsa? I bet you didn’t.
If you read this paragraph, did you know that I used to love hand sanitiser until the other week when it leaked all over my bag? Did you know the food props I use in photographs, I eat cereal out of them? Did you know that my sister wishes she were a Louboutin shoe? I bet you didn’t.
Okay that was slightly painful to write. I guess when it comes to recipe posts, there will always be people who come strictly for the recipe, some who come strictly for the content or some to see if they’ve been insulted.
Hi Mum. Hi Niki.
For whatever reason that brought you here today, let’s rejoice and faceplant some healthy no bake chocolate fudge. Healthy no bake DOUBLE chocolate fudge.
Last year, I shared this delicious no bake cashew coconut fudge and been in such a ball/bite/cookie phase, I totally forgot about a chocolate version I had made before. After making a fudge recipe for something exciting next week (stay tuned!) I used the messy kitchen as an opportunity to recreate the chocolate fudge version.
This healthy no bake double chocolate fudge is soft, chewy and takes no time to whip up. It can be kept at room temperature but like many of my recent recipes, it tastes amazing refrigerated or thawed from the freezer. Unlike store bought or classic style fudge, this no bake double chocolate fudge is ridiculously healthy, you could pretty much consider it a snack option or even pre or post workout. It’s vegan, gluten free and comes with a paleo option too. For those whom enjoy using protein powder, I also trialled it out with a high protein option and it’s just as good.
Coconut flour is one of the most used ingredients in my recipes, along with gluten free oat flour and almond flour. For those who regularly use them know that they can differ brand to brand, especially coconut flour. The ones highlighted are my standard brands I use and produce the results in my recipes. If ever you need assistance or alternatives, don’t hesitate to shout out!
Make this delicious healthy no bake double chocolate fudge and regardless of whether you come here for the content, the recipe or to see what a tanned Channing Tatum looks like- You can settle down with some fudge. Double chocolate style.
- 1 cup almond flour (for non paleo, can use gluten free oat flour)*
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (can sub for all almond or all gluten free oat flour)*
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar**
- 1/4 cup paleo or vegan protein powder of choice (optional)***
- 1/4 dairy free chocolate chips (I used a mix of dairy free chips and chunks)
- 1 cup homemade nutella (can sub for any nut butter of choice)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (can sub for any sticky sweetener, however adjust according to dietary lifestyle)
- 1 T + dairy free milk of choice
- Extra dairy free chocolate chips/chunks to top
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, dark cocoa powder, protein powder, coconut palm sugar and chocolate chips/chunks and mix well.
- In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, melt the nut butter with the maple syrup (or sticky sweetener of choice) and pour into the dry mixture. The chocolate chips/chunks will begin to melt as you mix it in. If mixture is too crumbly/thick, add dairy free milk one tablespoon at a time until a thick batter is formed. If too thin, add extra flour until a thick batter is formed. Set aside.
- Line a deep baking dish with greased paper and pour the batter into it and using your hands, press firmly into the pan. Top with extra chocolate chips/chunks and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- * Depending on the flour combinations you use, you may need more/less dairy free milk of choice. Adjust accordingly
- ** I used 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar because my protein powder was sweetened and I liked the rich, dark chocolate taste. If you want a sweetener fudge, add extra sugar according to taste.
- *** I recommend using a plant based protein powder. I refrain from using whey protein powder in my recipes as from experience, the texture hasn't been great.
- If your mixture is too crumbly, continue adding dairy free milk until a batter is formed. This is key.
Cashew Coconut Protein Fudge (Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free)
No Bake Cheesecake Cups (Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free)
Easy No Bake Cheesecake Cookies (Gluten Free)
Bloggers, what are your thoughts on writing content with recipes?
Readers/bloggers/Niki, do you read content, the recipe or come for Channing Tatum, latte style?
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Snapchat - thebigmansworld