This keto chocolate milkshake is so creamy and thick, you won’t believe it is low carb! Made with just 3 ingredients, they make a fabulous low carb dessert or treat! 2 grams net carbs per serving.
Keto Chocolate Milkshake
I’m the kind of person who NEEDS a little something sweet for dessert. Regardless of how full I am from my dinner, it’s as though my body is conditioned to request something after it. As someone who loves baking, I usually tend to have plenty of dessert leftovers on hand to have a little something, but recently, I’ve been craving something different.
After making my keto shakes, I wanted to create an actual milkshake that I could have as a treat. See, my shakes recipe is more for meal replacement or a healthy breakfast. As someone who loves a Mcdonald’s thick shake, I had to make an actual dessert version of it!
I’ve been meaning to share a keto milkshake recipe for quite some time. It’s been my go-to quick and easy dessert to make whenever I’m craving something sweet. It takes seconds to make and need just 3 ingredients (if you use my homemade chocolate milk!).
No dairy and no sugar are needed, but you’d never tell. The texture is extra smooth, silky, and creamy. It’s sweet and full of chocolate and vanilla flavor, complemented by the fluffy whipped cream.
It’s been over four months since I’ve made my first milkshake and I can’t see myself stopping- It does NOT taste low carb at all, and satisfies me completely!
How do you make a keto milkshake?
- Milk of choice- I used unsweetened coconut milk, but any low carb milk can be used.
- Cocoa powder– Unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Granulated sweetener of choice– I used erythritol, but monk fruit sweetener or allulose will also work.
- Vanilla ice cream– Any keto vanilla ice cream can be used. Popular brands include halotop and enlightened. You can also use homemade keto vanilla ice cream.
- Whipped cream– To top the milkshakes with!
Start by blending together the milk, cocoa powder, and sweetener until combined. Add the ice cream and blend once more. Transfer into a tall glass and top with whipped cream. Serve immediately.
Tips to make the best low carb chocolate milkshake
- For an ultra rich milkshake, replace the milk, cocoa, and sweetener with homemade keto chocolate milk.
- If you prefer a thick smoothie, you can add 1/2 cup of ice cubes to it.
- Adjust the sweetness to taste. If you prefer a sweeter smoothie, add extra ice cream or sweetener.
Storing and freezing chocolate milkshake
If you want to store the milkshake for later, you must do so without any whipped cream.
- To store: Milkshake should be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 5 days. Give the milkshake a mix before topping with the whipped cream.
- To freeze: Pour the milkshake into a freezer friendly glass jar and store in the freezer for up to 6 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before enjoying it.
More keto drink recipes to try
Keto Chocolate Milkshake
- Add your chocolate milk and ice cream into a blender and blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour into two glasses and top with whipped cream. Serve immediately.