Enjoy all the tastes, textures and flavors of a classic s’mores with these healthy no bake s’mores cups! Quick, easy and delicious, these delicious cups are gluten free, vegan, dairy free and come with a tested paleo option!
On Sunday, I mentioned how I was going to be sharing a mini-series of delicious, no-bake recipes all made in a muffin tin. Today is the second installment, and perfect for all the forthcoming outdoor entertaining, activities or well….4th of July par-tays!
So what is my offering?
Healthy No Bake S’mores cups.
For such a simple recipe, this took a TON of trials to come up with a paleo option. While MOST of them were generally straight forward and relatively easy, their final results were NOT what I was expecting.
I’d been meaning to play around with a few paleo friendly marshmallow recipes I’d seen on the interwebs. After buying the necessary ingredients and spending time in the kitchen, I was generally disappointed with the end product. The ‘marshmallows’ either looked like soap, tasted like stevia or looked like a bathtub had erupted in my sink.
If at first you don’t succeed, you give up.
If at first you don’t succeed, to try several other recipes……until you finally see success and toast a (non-paleo) marshmallow with gusto.
Before we get into these beauties, it’s that time for an epic round-up with some epic blogging folk! Got some celebrations coming up, outdoor picnics or just want….food? Here is some deliciousness!
Julia shares this delicious Red, White and Blue Vanilla Cake Parfaits–
Sarah shares this Summer Green Bean Salad–
Lindsay shares these Guacamole Waffle Bites–
Alexis shares these Chocolate Fruit Kebabs–
Kylie shares these Almond Butter Snickerdoodle Bars–
So now it’s my turn to share a recipe- These healthy No Bake S’mores Cups!
These healthy No Bake S’mores Cups are the perfect snack, dessert or treat to have on hand which takes barely any time to whip up! Barbeques, cookouts, picnics, camping and all that jazz- These are your no mess and no fuss solution to not having a campfire on hand! Depending on which variation you go for, they are naturally gluten-free, vegan, dairy free and have a tested paleo option!
So let’s just summarise what was mentioned earlier- I’d trialled it out with several options until I hit the perfect paleo marshmallow (well really, the only one which worked).
For those with NO dietary restrictions, it’s an easy 4 ingredient recipe- Chocolate, coconut oil, marshmallows and graham crackers.
For my VEGAN and GLUTEN FREE friends- Use a dairy free chocolate, use these marshmallows and use my faux graham cracker substitute, these grain free cookies. Alternatively, I LOVE these store bought ones too.
For my PALEO friends- Use dairy free or unsweetened baking chocolate, coconut oil and these grain free cookies. For the marshmallow part, this is the only recipe I’ve had success with in both working with this recipe, and also resembling a marshmallow. Any other alternatives, do at your own risk.
HACK! If you do opt for the paleo option, enjoy them fresh and on the day you make them. The longer you keep them, the more congealed the ‘marshmallows’ become. I even tried it out of the freezer and was disappointed.
Make these healthy No Bake S’mores Cups and invite me round to your next cookout.
I’ll bring a batch of these, along with the failed marshmallows.
We can clean the barbeque with it. Seriously. SOAP.
- 2 cups dairy free or baking chips of choice, divided
- 1 T coconut oil, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers/grain free cookies (see above)
- 8 large marshmallows or 8 x 1 inch paleo marshmallows (cut into squares)
- Crumbled graham cracker crumbs/grain free cookie crumbs, to top
- Line a large muffin tin with 8 paper liners and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, combine 1 1/4 cups of baking chips of choice with 2 tsp of coconut oil and melt together. Divide the melted chocolate evenly amongst the eight cups, scraping down the sides of the paper liners. Refrigerate for around 10 minutes.
- Once cooled and chocolate has hardened, remove from the fridge and add the marshmallow to each cup. Divide the crushed up graham crackers/grain free cookies amongst the eight cups and place back in the fridge.
- While it is chilling again, melt the rest of the baking chips with a teaspoon of coconut oil and top the eight cup and allow to cool until firm. Top with crumbled graham cracker/grain free cookies and enjoy!
- These make muffin sized cups- Feel free to make into mini muffin sized ones or smaller ones, using all 12 muffin tins available.
- Cups are freezer friendly, except for the paleo version.
Campfire S’mores Granola (made over a campfire!)
Do you have any big summer plans?
What is your favorite BBQ/potluck food?
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld