These keto peanut butter bars are an easy low carb dessert made with just 3 ingredients- No baking required! Soft, chewy, and ready in 5 minutes!
When it comes to keto desserts, those made with peanut butter are my favorite.
Growing up, peanut butter was a staple in my diet. I’d have it with my breakfast, in my sandwich at lunch (obviously with homemade jam!) and in tons of my snacks.
Since starting a keto diet, I’ve still enjoyed peanut butter regularly. However, as my palate changes, I prefer it in my sweets over my other meals.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Just 3 ingredients. Peanut butter, sugar free syrup, and coconut flour is all you’ll need.
- No baking required. This recipe takes less than 5 minutes to make and honestly, the hard part is waiting for them to firm up.
- 2 grams net carbs. This dessert barely has any carbs but tastes otherwise.
What I love about these peanut butter bars is that they taste EXACTLY like the filling in Reese’s peanut butter cups! Add a layer of sugar free chocolate on top and you’d think that is what you were eating!
If you’ve made any of my keto recipes before, you probably have everything on hand. Here is what you’ll need:
- Peanut butter– smooth and sugar free peanut butter. If your peanut butter is a little stiff/firm, microwave it for 20-30 seconds to soften.
- Keto maple syrup– Skip the expensive store-bought kind and make your own sugar free maple syrup. It’s easy, delicious, and makes tons!
- Coconut flour– Thickens the mixture and to make the bars soft, firm, and fudgy.
- Keto chocolate chips– Optional, but drizzle some over the bars. Like the syrup, you can easily make your own.
How to make keto peanut butter bars
Step 1- Make the mixture
Start by adding the peanut butter, syrup, and coconut flour in a mixing bowl and mix until a smooth dough remains.
Step 2- Let it set
Next, transfer the mixture into a pan and press it firmly into place, then refrigerate it. If desired, add some melted chocolate on top.
Step 3- Serve
Now, after 30 minutes, remove it from the fridge, slice it up and serve.
Tips to make the best recipe
- If you find your dough is a little too thin/watery, add more coconut flour. If the dough is too thick/crumbly, add a dash more syrup.
- Allow at least 30 minutes refrigeration time so the bars can firm up. If you are impatient, you can place it in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Fold through some mix-ins into the mixture, like chopped nuts, seeds, or keto chocolate.
- To store: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to four weeks.
- To freeze: Place the bars in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to six months.
More keto peanut butter recipes to try
- Peanut butter balls
- No bake cookies
- Peanut butter cookies
- No bake peanut butter cheesecake
- Peanut butter cups
Frequently Asked Questions
Swap out the peanut butter for almond butter or cashew butter. Keep this recipe nut-free by using sunflower seed butter or tahini.
All natural peanut butters with no added sugar are suitable for a keto diet. They have around 2-3 grams of net carbs per two tablespoon serving.
Commercial peanut butter brands are not recommended, as they often have added sugar and fillers in them.
Unless you plan on consuming an entire jar of peanut butter, you should not be worried about reaching your daily carb limit.
While coconut flour is preferred, you can use almond flour but will need to double amount of coconut flour listed.
Keto Peanut Butter Bars With 3 Ingredients | Just 5 Minutes Prep
- Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your ingredients and mix well. If the batter is too thin, add more coconut flour.
- Transfer the batter to the lined pan and press firmly in place. If desired, melt the chocolate chips and spread over the top.
- Refrigerate the bars for 30 minutes, before slicing them and serving.