These healthy no bake white chocolate and raspberry cookies refined sugar free, gluten free, vegan and high in protein! The perfect snack between meals or workouts and only requires one bowl and five minutes!
10am. Bench top. A tray of these cookies.
5pm. Bench top. A tray of these cookies.
“Arman, these cookies were on the bench top before I left home and now I’m back and they are still here. Did you forget to put them in the oven?”
Who forgets to put cookies in the oven? There are many life lessons my sister is yet to learn. Cookies will never be forgotten to be placed in the oven- Unless eaten as raw dough which is perfectly acceptable. At the same time, I can’t blame my sister for thinking this way because at first glance- They really do like cookies about to be put in the oven.
“No. They are no bake cookies. You’re such a dumb chicken”
Yes. My insults to my sister (and actually, to all my friends) are often juvenile, petty and make no sense.
Recently, I’ve been kind of obsessed with making breakfast cookie dough style recipes. I went through this phase last year which started as the original breakfast cookie dough followed by the original PALEO breakfast cookie dough and finally the double chocolate PALEO breakfast cookie dough. Phew.
These all were and still are standard breakfast staples (especially during my Paleo weeks) but then the obsession came back with a vengeance. Nutella breakfast cookie dough and then the Banana Smoothie breakfast cookie dough.
These were delicious and perfectly portioned (they were all single serving), but were also good as ‘meals.’ I needed something to snack on to well…snack on and my bars were becoming slightly redundant (I made a big batch for some friends and had been rotating between these chewy granola bars and kettle corn granola bars) as I made an attempt to clear out the freezer.
I wanted to make something with a similar concept to the breakfast cookie doughs but with more staying power and different combination, like White Chocolate and Raspberry. No, they were not inspired by all things love happening right now, but rather my favourite packaged bar. Enter- No Bake White Chocolate and Raspberry (protein) cookies.
Knowing that I have a vegan month ahead of me, I made sure to make it a suitable snack option for then which resulted in me making my own white chocolate chips using this recipe from the Huffington Post. I added protein powder, but this is optional and can be subbed for all oat flour.
Bake to my conversation with Niki post insult-
“Who manages to keep a tray FULL of cookies intact? YOU are the dumb chicken. Besides, two are missing, I ate them before”
Looks like it’s me who has life lessons to learn.
Checkmate. The Queen ate the Pawn. Want to see a step-by-step video of how these are made? Check out just how easy they are below!
- 3 cups gluten free oat flour (rolled oats ground into a flour)
- 2 standard scoops vanilla protein powder (can sub for an extra 1/2 cup oat flour)
- 2 T granulated sweetener of choice (Optional)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 T nut butter of choice (I used peanut butter)
- 3/4 cup brown rice syrup (can sub for honey if not strict vegan)
- 1/4-1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk*
- White chocolate chunks (make homemade version listed earlier if strictly vegan)
- Dried Raspberries and cranberries
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oat flour, vanilla protein powder, sweetener of choice and sea salt and mix well.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the nut butter of choice and brown rice syrup and heat until melted and mix to incorporate.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and stir until fully combined- Mixture should be crumbly. Slowly add almond milk, one tablespoon at a time, until a very thick dough is formed. Stir through the white chocolate chunks, dried raspberries and cranberries until fully incorporated.
- Using your hands, form small balls and press down to a cookie shape on the baking tray. Using a fork, press down on it twice and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before consuming.
- Depending on the protein powder and/or if you use all oat flour, you need to adjust your liquid mixture.
- These can be stored at room temperature. If refrigerated, thaw very slightly.
- The granulated sweetener of choice is optional- For a sweetener cookie, add 1-2 tablespoons. I prefer a more 'bland' cookie dough to bring out the flavours from the raspberries, cranberries and white chocolate chunks.
Want some other No Bake Recipes? Try these out!
No Bake SunButter Granola Bars (Gluten Free, Vegan)
No Bake Chewy Granola Bars (Gluten Free, Vegan)
Single Serve ‘Nutella’ Breakfast Cookie Dough (Gluten Free, Vegan, High Protein)
What have you been snacking on lately?
What is your favourite fruit pairing with chocolate?
Do you have pet names/lame insults for your siblings? Please don’t leave me hanging here.
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Snapchat - thebigmansworld