This Nutella cookie recipe will change the way you enjoy Nutella moving forward! Made with just 3 ingredients, these soft and chewy cookies are naturally flourless and LOADED with chocolate flavor!
Nutella was a pantry staple growing up.
While we’d sometimes enjoy it on toast or bananas, most of the time we’d just eat it directly out of the jar with a spoon. Now that we are older, instead of eating it from the jar, we use this fabulous spread to make Nutella cookies.
Crisp edges, soft in the middle, and with plenty of chocolate chips throughout, these will be your new favorite cookie.They need just 3 ingredients, or 4 if you use add the extra chocolate (which we recommend). The cookie dough takes seconds to prepare and the cookies need just 10 minutes of baking time.
- Nutella: The beauty of these cookies is any chocolate hazelnut spread works. Use the classic Nutella or any other spread you like.
- Eggs: Room temperature eggs are key, not refrigerated ones. This affects how soft and crisp the cookies turn out to be.
- Almond flour: Blanched almond flour, not almond meal.
- Baking powder: Optional, but gives the cookies more stability.
- Chocolate chips: Optional, but highly recommended.
Making nutella cookies needs just one mixing bowl, a mixing spoon, and self restraint not to eat the cookie dough. The only thing to consider is that if you have time, chill the dough for 30 minutes before baking them. This will help them remain thicker and gooey in the middle. Here’s the basic idea for making these cookies (or see the recipe below for specifics):
- Mix: Add the nutella, eggs, baking powder and almond flour into a bowl and mix well, until a thick batter remains. Fold through the chocolate chips at the end.
- Shape: Using a cookie scoop, scoop out portions of the cookie dough and place them on a lined baking sheet, at least 2 inches apart. Using the back of a spoon, shape the portions of dough into a cookie shape.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges become slightly firm.
These cookies will only work with Nutella. for a peanut butter version, try 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies.
Dietary and flavor variations
Nutella cookies should be enjoyed by everyone, regardless of what diet they follow! Here are tried and tested variations in case you need to make some substitutions:
- Cut the carbs by using sugar free Nutella (called Nutilight) and sugar free chocolate chips.
- Make them healthier by using a no added sugar chocolate hazelnut spread or chocolate almond butter.
- Swap the almond flour for either all purpose flour or white wholewheat flour.
- Make it eggless by trying out one of these egg substitutes.
- Add mix-ins like walnuts, cashews, or chopped hazelnuts.
What is the best way to store Nutella cookies? Here are the best practices for cookie storage:
- Up on one week: Store at room temperature, covered. You can also keep them in a sealable container.
- 1-2 weeks: These cookies store well in the refrigerator, too. Unlike other cookies which should be thawed slightly, these can be enjoyed directly from the fridge.
- Up to 6 months: Place cookies in a ziplock bag and store it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More Nutella recipes to try
Frequently Asked Questions
Nutella is a chocolate hazelnut spread derived in Italy. It’s sweet, chocolate-y, and with a subtle hazelnut flavor.
Nutella contains skim milk powder which is a dairy product (and therefore, not vegan friendly).
Chocolate almond butter or chocolate sunflower seed butter can replace Nutella in these cookies.
3 Ingredient Nutella Cookies (No flour!)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add the Nutella, almond flour, baking soda, and egg and mix well. Fold through the chocolate chips.
- Lightly wet your hands and form 12 balls of cookie dough. Place them on the lined sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are just firm.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool completely.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.