Easy and healthy no bake coconut bites made without condensed milk and needing just 4 ingredients. Made with coconut and almond flour, these paleo and vegan snacks take less than 5 minutes to whip up! Keto, Sugar free, Low Carb.
Bites, balls, energy balls, snowballs. Whatever you name them, I won’t judge- I just call them easy, delicious and guilt-free. These also taste like raffaello candy!
Many coconut balls or bite recipes call for condensed milk, so it was high time to re-create this, without the need to do so!
These no bake bites will be your go-to quick and easy snack, which also happen to be paleo, vegan and keto friendly. Need more convincing?
Secretly healthy and protein packed
Sugar Free and Low Carb
Freezer friendly and kid-friendly
I was surprised at how satisfying these no bake bites were. For such a low carb snack, they certainly did provide quite the impressive energy boost!
I originally planned to base the recipe on my no bake coconut cookies but found that they wouldn’t hold as well. To combat this, I used a little almond flour to hold into shape. Not only did this add a nuttier flavor to it, they produced durable, portable and easy snacks to munch on!
Blanched Almond Flour VS Traditional Almond Flour
As pictured, I used the blanched almond flour. I prefer this purely on its color, as it is lighter and maintained the overall white color of the no bake bites. It also had a much finer texture, due to it not containing the skins.
- Almond Flour– A slighter less fine texture than above, but still will work just as well. These do contain the skins of the almonds on them.
- Almond Meal– Considerably more gritty and nuttier than almond flour, I find that almond meal is less processed than almond flour.
Types of Shredded Coconut
- Fine Macaron Coconut (desiccated coconut)- This is my favorite kind of unsweetened coconut to use, as it is so finely milled, it helps shape the balls/bites perfectly. I also find that the taste is less overpowering.
- Shredded Coconut– The next best alternative, shredded coconut is slightly less processed, but has a more distinct coconut flavor. The only downside of shredded coconut is that it sometimes may need an extra tablespoon or two of a sticky sweetener to hold shape.
- Coconut Flakes– The least process kind of unsweetened coconut- I wouldn’t recommend using this form, as they will be difficult to shape.
TIP! If you only do have coconut flakes and/or shredded coconut, simply blend them until a fine texture.
Low Carb, Sugar Free, and Keto Friendly options
To keep these coconut no bake bites 100% low carb, sugar-free and keto-diet friendly, you’ll need to use a monk fruit sweetened maple syrup. It uses monk fruit sweetener and has the consistency of real maple syrup.
Please do NOT use a sugar-free syrup or pancake syrup- This simply won’t hold up.
The best refined sugar free sticky sweeteners
- Maple Syrup– When not keeping recipes 100% sugar free, I love using pure maple syrup. It’s easy to come across and doesn’t have an overpowering taste.
- Brown Rice Syrup– For the best texture, brown rice syrup will always win hands down. It’s super sticky, yet doesn’t have an obvious flavor or overt sweetness.
- Agave Nectar– Similar to maple syrup, agave nectar is a great option.
- Honey– Strict vegans shouldn’t use this, but honey also works great. It is a little overpowering in flavor, but I personally love the honey and coconut combination.
Tips and Tricks for making fool-proof no bake bites
- Although not necessary, using a high-speed blender or food processor will ensure your ingredients are fully incorporated and easy to shape balls.
- If the no bake bites are too crumbly, add a little extra sticky sweetener of choice until a thick dough remains.
- Don’t worry if the balls are a little too doughy, as you can roll them in extra coconut flakes
- To keep at room temperature, ensure they are covered in a sealed container. Coconut no bake bites are naturally dairy free, so don’t need refrigeration.
- They can keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks and are freezer friendly- Store them there for up to 2 months.
More delicious no bake bites? Gotcha covered!
SHARE YOUR RE-CREATION AND TAG #THEBIGMANSWORLD AND FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM. YOU CAN ALSO SHARE A PHOTO OF YOUR RECIPE ON THEBIGMANSWORLD FACEBOOK PAGE!
Watch how to make easy healthy no bake bites below!
4 Ingredient Paleo Vegan Coconut No Bake Bites (Keto, Sugar Free) loosely adapted from Healthy Food Magazine Australia/NZ- 2013, Edition.
4 Ingredient Paleo Vegan Coconut No Bake Bites (Keto, Sugar Free)
- In a high-speed blender, food processor or mixing bowl, combine your ingredients and blend until a dough is formed. If the batter is too crumbly, add extra coconut milk until a slightly sticky texture remains.
- Using your hands, form into small balls. If desired, roll balls in extra shredded coconut.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until firm.
© thebigmansworld.com ® All content, recipes, and images are legally protected by copywrite. Please do not use my images or recipes without permission. Please contact Arman if you need further clarification.
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld