Chocolate coconut balls are a no bake dessert or snack made with just 4 ingredients! These chocolate coconut bliss balls are secretly low carb and keto friendly, but you’d never tell!
There is something so special about the chocolate and coconut combination. I developed these chocolate coconut balls after making my bounty bars. They are all flavor and texture of a homemade bounty bar but in poppable ball shape!
These coconut chocolate balls are low carb and keto friendly, but you’d never tell- They have a sweet coconut flavor, covered in a layer of smooth chocolate. The coconut filling is smooth and soft, with a crisp coating. These are my new favorite keto chocolate coconut treat!
How to make keto chocolate coconut bites
- Shredded coconut flakes– Be sure to use unsweetened coconut flakes. The more finely milled it is, the better the coconut balls will hold shape.
- Almond flour– Blanched almond flour, when paired with the coconut, help hold the balls together. I promise you won’t taste the almond flavor at all.
- Coconut milk– Holds the coconut bites together. You can use any milk of choice.
- Sugar Free Maple Syrup– Adds sweetness, and also helps keep the balls smooth and soft. If you don’t follow a strict ketogenic diet, you can use maple syrup or agave nectar.
- Chocolate– To cover the balls up! Use any meltable chocolate of choice. I used keto chocolate chips, to keep them keto.
You can make these no bake balls in a blender, food processor or a mixing bowl. I prefer the former two, but if you don’t have either on hand, go the bowl route!
Add all your ingredients, except for your chocolate, and blend/mix until a smooth dough remains. Lightly wet your hands and form small balls of coconut. Place them on a lined plate and place in the freezer to firm up. While the coconut balls are freezing, melt your chocolate. Remove the balls from the freezer and using two forks, dip each coconut ball in the melted chocolate, until completely covered. Once they are all covered in chocolate, place the chocolate coconut balls in the fridge to firm up.
Can I use homemade chocolate?
You can easily make your own homemade chocolate using coconut oil. This is a good vegan and paleo alternative to store bought chocolate.
The ingredients– 1 cup coconut oil, 1 cup cocoa powder, and 1 cup maple syrup.
In a microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, melt your coconut oil. Once melted, stir in your cocoa powder and pure maple syrup and whisk until combined. Either cool to harden into bars or let sit before dipping the coconut balls in them.
Storing and Freezing Tips
- To store: As the coconut balls are covered in chocolate, they are stable at room temperature. Keep the balls in a sealed container, and they will keep for up to 7 days. You can also store them in the refrigerator, for up to 1 month.
- To freeze: This keto chocolate covered coconut balls recipe can also be stored in the freezer. Place them in a ziplock bag and they’ll keep fresh for up to 6 months.
More keto no bake treats you’ll enjoy
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- Cookie Dough Bars
- Chocolate Cheesecake
- No Bake Cheesecake
- Coconut Cream Pie
4 Ingredient Chocolate Coconut Balls
- In a high-speed blender, food processor or mixing bowl, combine all your ingredients and blend/mix until a thick dough remains. If it is too thick, add extra liquid of choice.
- Pour the dough into a large mixing bowl. Lightly wet your hands and form small balls. Place the balls on a plate and freeze.
- While the chocolate coconut balls are firming up, prepare your chocolate of choice by melting it. Moving quickly, remove the coconut balls and dip each one in the chocolate until evenly coated. Repeat until all the balls are covered in chocolate and refrigerate until firm.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.