This no bake chocolate tart is made with a simple crust and filled with a 3 ingredient chocolate ganache! Smooth, creamy, and with no added sugar, this vegan chocolate tart is secretly keto too!
When it comes to dessert, I always thought I was a brownie, cheesecake, or chocolate chip cookie kind of guy.
Now we can add chocolate tart to the list!
What is a chocolate tart?
A chocolate tart is a simple dessert involving dark chocolate, cream, and other ingredients mixed together and baked in a pie crust. Often called a chocolate cream pie, the filling has a thick, mousse-like texture, but stable at room temperature.
Traditional chocolate tarts are baked. However, in my version, no baking is required.
It’s also completely dairy free and made without eggs, so perfect for those following a vegan and gluten-free diet. I’ve also included tips to easily make it keto and sugar free.
How to make a chocolate tart
You need just 4 simple ingredients to make this no bake chocolate tart. Use an 8-inch springform pan for easy removal!
- 8-inch crust– You can use a store-bought crust, homemade crust, or my favorite no bake crust. As long as it fits into an 8-inch pie pan, you are all sorted.
- Coconut milk– Full-fat coconut milk from a can. Carton coconut milk or reduced-fat coconut milk will not achieve the same thick texture we are after.
- Chocolate- Chocolate chips or a chopped chocolate bar will work. I prefer using a chopped up good quality bar of chocolate, as it melts better and has a creamier texture.
- Vanilla extract– To give the chocolate tart a slight vanilla flavor!
Start by preparing your pie crust or using a store-bought crust. Once that has been made, set aside. Next, you’ll want to prepare your chocolate cream filling. In a microwave-safe bowl or in a small saucepan, heat up your coconut milk until warm. Once warm, add your chocolate into it and let sit for 2-3 minutes. Then, you’ll want to whisk it well, for the chocolate to melt into the milk and produce a smooth and silky texture. Add the vanilla extract. Pour the chocolate tart filling into the prepared pie crust and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, to firm up.
Vegan Chocolate Tart Tips
- For a keto chocolate tart, be sure to use stevia sweetened chocolate chips or a sugar free chocolate bar (chopped). For a vegan chocolate tart, be sure your chocolate chips are dairy free and soy free.
- Do not microwave/heat your chocolate with the coconut milk. Adding it after the milk has been heated will ensure the chocolate tart filling is thick and creamy, instead of loose and unstable.
- I don’t recommend making this chocolate tart crustless. The sweetness and richness of the chocolate must be offset. You may prefer to make 2 ingredient fudge instead.
Storing and Freezing Chocolate Tart
- To store: No bake chocolate tart must always be refrigerated. Keep it covered or in a sealable container, for up to 2 weeks.
- To freeze: Place leftover chocolate tart in a freezer friendly container and store in the freezer. They will freeze well for up to 6 months.
What to serve with a chocolate tart
While I personally love enjoying this chocolate tart on its own, here are ways to take it up a notch!
- Ice cream– Vanilla ice cream, chocolate ice cream, or even a fruity twist, with some strawberry ice cream.
- Whipped cream– Add some coconut whipped cream on top, or on the side.
- Fruit salad– Make a simple fruit salad with some berries or other seasonal fruit.
More EASY No Bake Dessert Recipes
Chocolate Tart (4 Ingredients!)
- Prepare your homemade or store bought pie crust to fit an 8-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan or microwave safe bowl, heat up your coconut milk until warm. Once warm, add your chocolate/chocolate chips and let sit for 2-3 minutes. After that, whisk together the coconut milk and chocolate until smooth and glossy. Whisk in your vanilla extract.
- Transfer your chocolate tart filling into the pie crust. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until firm. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.