This cottage cheese pudding is super creamy and delicious and packs in over 25 grams of protein per serving!
Cottage cheese is having its moment right now, and we aren’t complaining.
Inspired by that dessert, we’ve given it a new spin in the form of this cottage cheese pudding.
Table of Contents
Why you’ll love this recipe
- High protein. Each serving packs in over 25 grams of protein, and there’s even more ways to increase it.
- Just 3 ingredients. Cottage cheese, a sweetener, and something to thicken it up…that is it!
- Easy to customize. Like protein pudding or almond milk ice cream, it’s a blank canvas to change up the flavors!
- Healthy enough for breakfast! Thanks to the healthy and wholesome ingredients used, you can enjoy this pudding guilt-free first thing in the morning.
What we love about this recipe is that, like my other cottage cheese recipes, you won’t be able to taste it at all!
- Cottage cheese. I prefer using full-fat cottage cheese as it has a richer flavor but low-fat or nonfat will also work.
- Honey. You must add a liquid or granulated sweetener. I alternate between honey and maple syrup, but brown or white sugar also works.
Sugar free substitute
Want to make this pudding sugar free? Use allulose or monk fruit sweetener, or sugar free maple syrup.
- Powdered peanut butter. Also known as peanut flour, this thickens the pudding while also giving it a subtle peanut flavor. You can swap this out for protein powder.
- Mix-ins. See the ‘variations’ section for some mix-in ideas.
How to make a cottage cheese pudding
Start by adding all ingredients into a high speed blender or food processor. Once smooth, transfer to small bowls or serving dishes and chill for at least thirty minutes to firm up.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Add more protein. Increase the protein even more by adding a few tablespoons of your favorite protein powder.
- Chill the pudding. Chilling the pudding once it has been blended intensifies the flavors and thickens it nicely.
- Blend thoroughly. No one likes clumps in their pudding, so be sure everything is broken down nicely and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Adjust the sweetness. Depending on how sweet you prefer desserts, you may need to add a little more sweetener than suggested.
This pudding is like a blank canvas and can be customized with tons of flavors. Here are some ideas:
- Brownie batter. Add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips, and make a melt chocolate over the top (like a magic shell).
- Strawberry cheesecake. Omit the peanut flour and add sliced strawberries and one crushed graham cracker.
- Cookies and cream. Omit the peanut flour and add two crushed Oreo or sandwich cookies.
- Chocolate peanut butter. Add 1 tablespoon each of peanut butter and cocoa powder, and drizzle melted chocolate and peanut butter on top.
- Chocolate chip cookie dough. Crumble up some edible cookie dough and toss it through the mixture.
To store: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to three days.
To freeze: Cottage cheese pudding can be frozen for up to two months. Let thaw completely before enjoying.
Recommended tools to make this recipe
- High speed blender or food processor. To make the creamiest and smoothest pudding.
- Spatula. To stir through any mix-ins of choice.
- Serving bowls. I like to serve these in shallow glasses for something a little bit fancy.
More high protein desserts to try
Frequently asked questions
No, when made as instructed, the honey or sweetener will mask any cottage cheese flavor.
Small curd and full-fat cottage cheese will yield the creamiest flavor, but any kind will work.
If you don’t want to use cottage cheese, replace it with full fat Greek or coconut yogurt.
Cottage Cheese Pudding
- In a high speed blender or food processor, add all your ingredients and blend well. Add any mix-ins of choice.
- Transfer into serving bowls, cover, and refrigerate for at least thirty minutes.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.