These healthy candy bar blondies are the BEST way to use up leftover holiday or Halloween candy! The base blondie base is 100% low carb and sugar free and eggless- despite being a decadent and delicious looking dessert! They are ridiculously ooey, gooey and rich, you won’t even need the extra candy!
When many of you asked for recipes to use up leftover candy bars and chocolates, I KNEW I had to try adding them to my blondie recipe.
I originally made them with double the chocolate chips, to see if the texture and cooking times would change. I ended up making a second batch, because I could not stop snacking on them! After breakfast, for an afternoon snack and every night after dinner for dessert- I’d be stuffing my face with them!
These healthy candy bar blondies get their name purely because you can add chopped up and whole candy bar pieces to them. But really, they are perfectly fine as they are, and an excuse to make gooey, rich blondies.
This recipe came about a few weeks before Halloween, and I was in the midst of making these cranberry blondies. I had an event to attend to and made my homemade kit kat bars, homemade snickers, and homemade bounty bars.
I thought…how good would be to add candy to blondies? However, instead of homemade candy recipes, store-bought options were the go.
Whether you have leftover candy on hand or want a guilt-free dessert that satisfies the sweet tooth, you will LOVE these healthy candy bar blondies. They are fuss-free, take minutes to prep and need a handful of ingredients.
They are also incredibly diet friendly- Naturally keto and low carb, they are also suitable for a paleo, vegan, gluten free and dairy free diet!
How to make healthy candy bar blondies
If you’ve made any one of my healthy dessert recipes before, you’ll be fortunate to have most (if not all!) of these ingredients on hand to whip them up!
- Almond flour. Blanched almond flour is one of my absolute favorite baking flours. Not only is it low carb, keto-friendly and paleo, but it also adds a light texture to baked goods. It also is a good substitute for wholewheat flour, without changing up the measurements too much.
- Coconut Flour. A tricky flour to bake with, but when used correctly, provides the most delicious texture. Please do not replace or substitute the coconut flour out, or the blondies won’t turn out well at all.
- Ground Flaxseed. When mixed with water, is a vegan substitute for using eggs. I have tried these blondies using eggs, and they work just as well.
- Granulated sweetener of choice. Adds sweetness to the blondies, and depending on which granulated sweetener of choice you use, will be sugar free and low calorie. I prefer using either Swerve (erythritol based)or monk fruit in the raw (both paleo, keto, and vegan).
- Almond butter. Using almond butter keeps it keto and paleo friendly, and also adds a rich flavor, without being overpowering. You can substitute this with another nut butter, like cashew butter or peanut butter. You can also use a nut-free spread, like tahini or sunflower seed butter.
- Milk of choice. Any milk (dairy based or non-dairy) will work. I use either almond milk or coconut milk.
- Vanilla extract. A must for all baked goods to bring out the flavor!
- Chocolate chips. I use a mix of chocolate chips and chocolate chunks, because you can NEVER have too much chocolate.
- Candy bars of choice. Use whichever candy bars you have on hand (as long as they are chocolate-based). If you have none, just increase the chocolate chips!
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients and mix well. Prepare your flax egg, and let it sit for 10 minutes for a gel to form. Once the gel is formed, whisk it with the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Combine your wet and dry ingredients and mix until combined. Fold through your chocolate chips and chopped candy bar pieces.
- Transfer your candy bar blondie batter into the lined pan and spread out in an even layer. Top with extra chocolate chips and candy bar pieces and bake at 180C/350F for 20-25 minutes, until the edges are golden. Allow the blondies to cool in the pan completely, before slicing into bars.
How to store healthy candy bar blondies
- To store. Once the blondies have cooled completely, place them in a sealed container, or covered on a plate. They will keep at room temperature for at least 5 days. You can also refrigerate these, and those will remain fresh for up to 2 weeks.
- To freeze. Individually wrap the blondies in parchment paper, before placing them in a ziplock bag. They can be kept frozen for up to 6 months. To enjoy blondies from the freezer, allow thawing at room temperature or in the fridge overnight.
More healthy brownies and blondies
- Fudgy Keto Brownies
- Zucchini Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Flourless Keto Brownies
- Cookie Dough Brownies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondies
Recommended tools to make healthy candy bar blondies
- 8 x 8-inch pan. This is my favorite pan I use, and I always grease it beforehand.
- Mixing bowl. These mixing bowls allow for the wet and dry ingredients to be mixed separately.
These healthy blondies are the perfect vehicle for adding leftover candy too! Perfect for holiday desserts, Halloween treats or even a healthy dessert- You will LOVE them! If you make this recipe, please leave a comment below and let me know how it turns out- I’d love to know!
Share this recipe on Pinterest
Love this Healthy Candy Bar Blondies recipe?
Share it with the world on Pinterest.
Healthy Candy Bar Blondies
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare the basic blondie mix as directed.
- Fold through your chocolate chips/candy of choice, reserving a few to top the blondies with. Transfer for the pan.
- Bake the blondies for 20-25 minutes, until a skewer comes out the center just clean.
- Remove blondies from the oven and allow cooling in the pan completely before slicing into 12 bars.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.