This no-bake, 5-minute banana cookie dough recipe is delicious and will satisfy your midnight dessert cravings! Egg-free and no raw flour needed.
Growing up, I could never resist tasting raw cake batter or cookie dough. I mean, to this day, I still can’t resist!
If you’ve ever wanted to eat a bowl of banana bread batter, you’ll love this banana cookie dough. Comforting and satisfying, it is the perfect last-minute healthy dessert!
Table of Contents
Why you’ll love this recipe
- It is healthier. Made without preservatives, butter, or sugar, it is also naturally sweetened with banana and contains nourishing oat flour and healthy fats from almond butter!
- It is safe to eat. Most store-bought recipes contain raw flour and eggs, which increase the chances of salmonella infection! With this egg-free and oat-flour recipe, you can safely enjoy spoonfuls of delicious cookie dough.
- One-bowl recipe. The best part of this recipe is that you can make this dough in a bowl! Less utensils to clean up after!
What I love about this recipe is that it takes less than 5 minutes to make! So, when I have a dessert or a snack emergency, this is my go-to recipe!
You need only six simple ingredients to make this quick and easy cookie dough. And you’re likely to find them all in your pantry. Here’s what you’ll need.
- Banana. Mash an overripe banana for this recipe. Because we’re not adding any extra sugar, we want bananas to be sweet enough to sweeten the cookie dough naturally.
- Oat flour. To get the dough consistency and the moreish chewiness. You can also make it using coconut flour. That way, you’ll land with a gluten-free recipe!
- Almond butter. I’ve used almond butter, but you can substitute it with peanut or cashew butter.
- Maple syrup. Adds a touch of extra sweetness and helps to thin out the mixture.
- Cinnamon. For the subtle spice flavor.
- Vanilla extract. It wonderfully complements banana and cinnamon flavors.
- Chocolate chips. A handful of chocolate chips make everything a little better. I love that they add a chunky texture to this otherwise creamy cookie dough.
Find the printable recipe with measurements below.
How to make banana cookie dough
This instant banana cookie dough is one of my go-to pajama party or movie night snacks. Huddle up your kids and get them mixing! Here’s the recipe.
- Make the dough. Combine mashed banana, almond butter, oat flour, and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir in vanilla extract and fold chocolate chips.
- Serve. Chill for half an hour in the fridge or serve immediately.
Flavor variations and substitutions
- Add protein powder. Make high-protein cookie dough by adding a scoop of protein powder to the dough mixture. I love how I can snack guilt-free on this high-protein cookie dough!
- Snicker-inspired dough! If you like a little crunch, add ½ a cup of toasted peanuts to the dough and use peanut butter instead of almond butter. You’ll love the Snickers-like flavor profile of this dough.
- Make it gluten-free. Use certified gluten-free oat flour or coconut flour to make this vegan cookie dough free of gluten, too!
- Salt it. Sprinkle a pinch of flaky sea salt for a lovely flavor contrast.
To store. Refrigerate the banana cookie dough in a sealed container and consume it within a week.
To freeze. While it takes only 5 minutes to make this dough, you can always make a big batch and freeze it for three months. Thaw it overnight in the refrigerator to enjoy!
More tasty cookie dough recipes to try
- Caramel cookie dough bars
- Chickpea cookie dough
- Oatmeal cookie dough
- Pumpkin cookie dough
- Cookie dough protein bars
Frequently asked questions
If you use dairy-free chocolate chips, you’ll end up with a vegan banana cookie dough recipe.
Banana Cookie Dough
- In a mixing bowl, add the banana and mash it well. Add the oat flour, almond butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Fold through the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the banana cookie dough to a bowl and serve immediately or refrigerate for it to thicken.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.