Just five minutes is needed to whip up these thick, chewy and dense paleo cookies which are single serving and giant! These healthy no bake giant Paleo cookies taste like dessert but are packed full of fiber, healthy fats, protein and no added sugar! Gluten free, dairy free and vegan too- The perfect snack or breakfast choice!
It’s often assumed that those who follow a paleo lifestyle of eating eat meat, meat and maybe a broccoli…with a side of meat. Not only that, anything even remotely sweet was off limits. Prior to understanding the fundamentals of this particular dietary lifestyle, these were my beliefs too.
It wasn’t until I started reading more paleo blogs a couple of years back did I truly get a grasp of what their diet entailed. It quashed all my perceptions of it and was an eye opener. I learnt that there was a strong focus on fresh vegetables, food and a reduction in processed sugars. I also came to appreciate alternatives to dairy, like almond milk– A now staple in my daily diet.
After I personally did the
whole30 WholeArman last year, I came to appreciate this particular style of eating. While it wasn’t sustainable for me, I definitely learnt from it. I learnt what foods really did make me feel my best (with an emphasis on carbs- Whole grain, processed and all that jazz). Not only that- It broadened my perspective and creativity in the kitchen. It also ignited my obsession for using coconut flour for well….everything.
When my friends at Silk threw a challenge to create a dairy free and meat free recipe, I wanted to showcase that eating plant based AND paleo could be possible- With the added bonus that it could be just a little bit sweet too. While during Fall and Winter ovens get praised and utilised in full force, we shouldn’t forget the beauty of well…Not using ANY cooking gadgets and get back to basics. A few weeks back, I shared this delicious giant no bake cookie for one and as it contained grains (in the form of gluten-free oats), my paleo friends were missing out. Hence the creation of one for well…anyone. Enter- The No Bake Giant PALEO cookie for one.
As much as I’d like to say ‘let the pictures do the talking’, I’m going to state the obvious pointers right here. As the pictures depict, these healthy no bake GIANT paleo cookies are just that- Giant. Not only that, they are also thick, chewy and if refrigerated, incredibly dense too. The beauty of these no bake cookies are that they are firm enough not to need refrigeration either. Not only are they meat free and dairy free, they are also gluten free and vegan-friendly too!
HACK! While for some people a low protein diet works best, others need some protein heavy meals to feel satisfied. This has been tested using this paleo protein powder- Simply add an extra scoop and add a dash more So Delicious Almond milk and voila- You’ve added an extra 20 grams of protein powder too.
Make this healthy No Bake Giant Paleo Cookie for one and don’t let the ‘paleo’ in the name deter you- Regardless of what dietary lifestyle you follow- It’s delicious regardless.
If you love these kind of recipes, you’ll LOVE this No Bake Giant Cookie for ONE– Check out the recipe video below for a step-by-step process!
- 3 T coconut flour, sifted
- 1 T almond flour (can sub for an extra T coconut flour)
- 2 T granulated sweetener of choice*
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice (optional)
- 2 T nut butter of choice (I used crunchy almond butter)
- 1 T pure maple syrup (can sub for any sweetener of choice)
- 1-2 T mix ins of choice (I used cashews, dairy free chips and almonds)
- 1/4 cup Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk**
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, sweetener of choice, cinnamon, sea salt and protein powder if using it. Mix well.
- Add in the nut butter of choice and maple syrup and mix until a thick, crumbly mixture remains. Add your mix ins of choice. Using a tablespoon at a time, at your your Silk Almond Milk until a very thick batter is formed.
- Using your hands, form into a large ball and press firmly onto a lined plate. Eat as it is or refrigerate for 20-30 minutes for a firm cookie.
- * Adjust accordingly. My protein powder was sweetened so I only used 1 tablespoon
- ** Depending on what flour brand you use, you may need more dairy free milk. Adjust accordingly.
- These are freezer friendly and can be pre-made in batches.
What’s your favorite meat-free dish?
Did you perceive the Paleo diet to be meat and dairy heavy?