The taste and texture of a traditional sugar cookie batter but with a healthy twist! This comforting healthy sugar cookie batter oatmeal is a quick and easy breakfast option which can be prepped the night before! Delicious hot or cold, it’s creamy, protein packed, gluten free, vegan, dairy free and comes with a completely sugar free option!
“I think I need to share a Christmas cookie recipe on my blog in December. What do you think?”
“Hello? Help me out here. What kind of cookie should I share?”
“I like oreos.”
“Niki, oreos are already on the market.”
“I like oreos.”
“Put mum on.”
-phone is passed to mum-
“Mum, Niki is useless. I want to share a Christmas cookie recipe in December. Any ideas?”
“Niki likes oreos.”
You’d think I’d have learnt my lesson now. Asking my sister (or now my mum too) for recipe advice is as fruitful as finding the bloody loch ness monster. Actually, the latter might be easier.
The last few weeks, I’ve seen the blog world flooded with Christmas cookie-eque recipes. From peppermint ones, gingersnap ones and unicorn ones- It’s safe to say there are plenty options out there. Long term readers know I kind of like to get the concept of something and marry it to something else. I remembered back to when I first married cake to oatmeal then sticky cinnamon rolls to oatmeal.
The wheels were turning…
When my friends at Blue Diamond teased me with the new Almond Breeze Vanilla Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend, I actually whipped my hair back and forth like Willow Smith. My TWO favorite nuts in a dairy free beverage form? Besides swigging it straight from the carton, I knew it would be used in the newest marriage- Sugar cookie and oatmeal.
I present- A healthy sugar cookie batter oatmeal.
This healthy sugar cookie batter oatmeal is hearty, creamy and decadent tasting- It’s actually like eating dessert for breakfast but is so healthy for you! While traditional sugar cookie batter is packed full of flour, sugar, butter and oil, this is void of all of that.
Thanks to the Almond Breeze beverage, it’s extremely creamy without being heavy and low in calories without sacrificing on taste! This breakfast bowl is packed full of fiber, protein and the texture? No words. Naturally gluten free, vegan and dairy free, there is an option to make it completely sugar free too!
HACK! I tried this with both the Almond Breeze Vanilla Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend and also with their original unsweetened vanilla– Both work great and have that delicious, creamy texture without the lingering heavy feeling!
Make this healthy sugar cookie batter oatmeal and take note-
THESE ARE NOT OREO COOKIES.
Healthy Sugar Cookie Batter Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 T granulated sweetener of choice*
- 1 1/2 cups Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk blend divided**
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg OR 1 T ground flax if you use the ground flax, add an extra 3 T milk
- 1 T coconut flour or almond flour Can sub for another T rolled oats
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder optional but highly recommended
- Extra cinnamon for dusting
- In a saucepan or microwave safe bowl, combine the rolled oats, sea salt, cinnamon, sweetener of choice and milk and simmer on medium until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Once thick, add the large egg/ground flax and mix very well until fully mixed in. Add the coconut flour, vanilla protein powder and continue stirring until a very thick batter is formed. Add the extra half cup dairy free milk.
- Remove from heat and pour into a bowl. Top with extra cinnamon and granulated sweetener of choice.
** Depending on the protein powder you use, you may need more milk. Adjust accordingly.
These oats can be batch cooked and freeze beautifully.
This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk. Enter for a chance to win the Ultimate Kitchen Prize Pack, get great savings and ideas for delicious Blendabilities. Cheers, hugs and handshakes for supporting companies and brands which allow me to do what I’m passionate about every day, making The Big Man’s World possible.
What is your favorite Christmas cookie?
Do your family have a favorite traditional cookie?