Learn how to make foolproof homemade keto chocolate bars using just 2 ingredients and ready in minutes! Perfect for enjoying on its own, they are fantastic for no bake desserts, cookies, and other baked desserts!
Keto Chocolate Bar Recipe
As someone who uses chocolate chips and chunks in multiple recipes, I can’t believe it’s taken me so long to share with you guys my foolproof hack to making your own keto chocolate bars!
It all started about a year ago when I ran out of chocolate bars to make this keto peanut butter cookie bar recipe. The recipe calls for chunks (not chocolate chips) and I was imminent on using that. Granted, I could have used any chocolate bar, but as it was a keto recipe, it needed to be sugar free and low carb.
After scrounging around my kitchen, I found a bar of 100% unsweetened bakers chocolate.
Now, I rarely use this chocolate on its own, purely because it is super bitter. However, I thought to try melting it, adding a few drops of liquid stevia to it, and then letting it set to become a chocolate bar again.
Friends, I have stopped paying full price for store-bought keto chocolate bars and now just make my own. Not only is it keto-friendly, but it’s also vegan, paleo and gluten-free!
Keto Chocolate Bar Brands
There are several keto-friendly chocolate bar brands, and I have tested all of them.
- Lily’s Chocolate Bars- Lily’s have a range of keto chocolate bar flavors, including sea salt, milk chocolate, and dark. They are stevia-sweetened, and completely sugar free. I have tried them all and enjoy them, however, they are very expensive and some varieties don’t melt well at all.
- Ghiradelli Unsweetened Baking Chocolate- An 100% unsweetened chocolate bar, this is the base I use for my homemade keto chocolate. On its own, it is VERY bitter and generally mixed with other ingredients (e.g. a frosting, a fudge, etc).
- Bakers 100% Unsweetened Baking Chocolate- Another unsweetened baking chocolate, Bakers have a richer flavor that the Ghiradelli.
Homemade Keto Chocolate Bar Ingredients
You literally need just 2 ingredients to make homemade keto chocolate bars
- Unsweetened baking chocolate
- Liquid stevia
Please be aware that not all liquid stevia is the same, and some have a VERY strong aftertaste. I prefer using either this vanilla stevia or this standard stevia.
Also, you can adjust the sweetness according to your tastebuds! For sweeter chocolate bars, add a few extra drops!
How to make homemade keto chocolate bars- Just 2 ingredients!
- You’ll start by ensuring you have a chocolate mold on hand! I LOVE these chocolate bar molds because they break off in a bar shape, and you can literally break them apart in single pieces. You can also use a deep pan, but you’ll find that the bars will be difficult to slice cohesively.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, break apart your unsweetened chocolate bar. Heat on low until melted, before adding a few drops of liquid stevia to it. Quickly taste test to ensure it is sweet enough for you!
- Gently pour the melted chocolate into the chocolate silicone molds and allow to cool at room temperature completely.
- Once it has cooled down, you can remove it from the silicone mold and voila- Instant keto chocolate bar!
Storing homemade keto chocolate bars
Store the homemade keto chocolate bars at room temperature, as you would other baking chocolate. Ensure it is in a sealed container (or ziplock bag!) and in a cupboard, so it doesn’t melt.
I don’t recommend refrigerating or freezing the bars unless you intend to eat them in their original state.
Baking with homemade keto chocolate bars
These keto chocolate bars are best used in no bake recipes calling for chocolate chunks/chips, or baked desserts/treats calling for chocolate chunks.
I don’t recommend using them for cookies or recipes requiring mini chocolate chips, as the chopped up pieces of chocolate don’t melt as well.
Recipes to use homemade keto chocolate bars in
NO BAKE DESSERTS
- Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- Strawberry Cookie Bars
- Raspberry Cookie Bars
- Peanut Butter Jelly Cookie Bars
- Banana Bread Bars
- Flourless Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
Homemade Keto Chocolate Bars (Vegan, Paleo)
- 2 ounces 100% baking chocolate 2 4 oz bars (800 grams)
- 2 servings liquid stevia * See notes
- Prepare a silicone chocolate mold and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, heat your chocolate until melted. Add several drops of liquid stevia. Taste the chocolate to make sure it is sweet enough.
- Transfer the melted chocolate into 2 silicone chocolate molds. Allow to cool at room temperature, until firm.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
I think this is the recipe I had grabbed at first but not crazy about Stevia so I am going to get rid of this one and use your other one-since I am basically just trying to eat as little processed and low sugar (I dislike sweets and also too thin) food as possible.
My adult son is on the Keto but want to try to fatten him up a bit since he is too thin now and with us both having a brittle bone disease under and overweight can be a problem. He told me the Keto diet was ZERO carbs-so I am making him some things now with your help and giving him some to take truck driving.
Do you still use this recipe or this one> https://thebigmansworld.com/sugar-free-chocolate-chips/