This keto ranch dressing a low carb and sugar free take on the classic ranch! Ready in just 5 minutes, it’s perfect on salads, as a dip, and even as a simple sauce. 1 gram net carbs per serving.
Keto Ranch Dressing
Ever since starting a keto diet, I’ve made more of an effort to make as many foods from scratch. It’s not only easier to identify any potential hidden sugar or carbs, but it also tastes so much better. From breads to muffins to even condensed milk, if I can make it from scratch, I will. Recently, I’ve started to make my own ranch dressing.
Is ranch keto?
Traditional ranch dressing is not keto friendly. If you have a look at most generic brands, they contain added sugar. Furthermore, a typical ingredient in ranch dressing is buttermilk, which contains added carbs. Luckily, you can easily make your own low carb version that tastes just as good as the original.
I’ve been meaning to share a keto ranch dressing recipe for quite some time. It’s so versatile and easy to make, it literally takes 5 minutes all up. No sugar and no grains are needed, but you’d never tell. The texture is smooth, light, and extra creamy. It’s tangy, slightly sweet, and with a smoky kick.
Whenever I have friends over for dinner, I love making a big salad and dousing it in this dressing, which NO ONE believes me when I say it is low carb- They think I used a bottled ranch dressing!
How do you make keto ranch dressing
- Mayonnaise– Full fat and whole egg mayonnaise with no added sugar.
- Heavy cream– A lower carb alternative to buttermilk, this gives the dressing extra creaminess, minus the tang.
- White vinegar– Adds a dash of tartness which balances out the mayonnaise.
- Garlic– A clove of garlic that has been finely minced.
- Chives– Fresh or dried chives. I prefer fresh chives, as it has a more intense flavor.
- Paprika– Smoked paprika for a kick of spice and smoky flavor.
- Salt and pepper– To taste.
In a small whisking bowl, add all the ingredients and whisk together, until completely combined. Next, transfer into a glass jar and shake very well, until fluffy and smooth.
Tips to make the best low carb ranch dressing
- Adjust the salt and pepper to taste. If you plan on drizzling the ranch dressing through a salty salad, keep the spices at a minimum.
- For a thinner ranch dressing, add extra heavy cream or even some lukewarm water.
- For a spicy kick, add a teaspoon of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes.
Storing and freezing ranch dressing
- To store: Ranch dressing will keep well in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 1 week.
- To freeze: Place the leftover ranch in a freezer friendly container and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
What to serve with ranch dressing
Keto Ranch Dressing
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp chives chopped
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- In a mixing bowl, add all your ingredients and whisk together, until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a glass jar and shake well, until fluffy and silky. Use immediately or store away to use later.