This keto spinach artichoke dip is so thick, creamy, and loaded with tangy artichokes, you won’t believe it is low carb! Simple ingredients and ready in under 10 minutes! 3 grams net carbs per serving.
Keto Spinach Artichoke Dip
When it comes to keto appetizers, my favorite recipes to make are buffalo cauliflower bites, parmesan crisps, and this keto spinach artichoke dip.
If there is one thing I love doing more than anything, it is entertaining. I love having friends over for a long dinner, starting with a plethora of appetizers and ending with a show stopping dessert. If I can find an excuse to throw a dinner, I will do it.
While I do tend to make quite a few desserts, my favorite part of any dinner party is the appetizers. Growing up, my mom would make this incredible spinach and artichoke dip and I would request it for any semblance of a celebration. Since going keto, I’ve slightly adapted my mom’s original recipe, without sacrificing taste!
I’ve been meaning to share a keto spinach artichoke dip recipe for quite some time. It’s been my go-to appetizer to make whenever I’m entertaining, and it is always the first thing eaten up. Now, this dip may look incredibly fancy, but I promise you, it is SO easy to make and takes seconds to prep.
No sugar and no grains are needed, but you’d never be able to tell. The texture is extra thick and creamy, with bites of artichokes and spinach throughout. It’s salty, cheesy, savory, and with the subtle tang from the artichoke hearts!
This summer looks like a big one with plenty of entertaining and I cannot wait to make this dip on repeat- No one ever believes me when I tell them it is low carb!
How do you make a keto spinach artichoke dip?
- Artichoke hearts– Jarred or canned artichoke hearts. Avoid artichokes soaked in oil, but rather a brine or spring water.
- Frozen spinach– Thawed and with the excess liquid removed.
- Cream cheese– Full fat and softened to room temperature.
- Mayonnaise– Use a good quality mayonnaise with no added sugar.
- Sour cream– Adds some tang and extra creaminess.
- Shredded cheese– Use a full flavored cheese, like extra tasty or gouda.
- Salt and pepper– To taste.
Start by chopping the artichoke into bite sized pieces and mix with the thawed spinach. Next, add the softened cream cheese to a mixing bowl and beat together until smooth. Add the mayonnaise and sour cream and mix until combine. Add the artichokes, spinach, shredded cheese, salt, and pepper, and mix until just combined.
Now, transfer the dip into a bowl and serve at room temperature or microwave for 1-2 minutes, until warm.
Tips to make the best keto spinach dip
- If you don’t want to beat the cream cheese, you can microwave it in 30 second spurts until smooth and soft.
- For an extra cheesy dip, add an extra cup of shredded cheese.
- You can use fresh spinach, but steam it for several minutes, until tender and limp.
Storing and freezing keto artichoke dip
- To store: The dip can be stored in the refrigerator, covered. It will keep well for up to 5 days.
- To freeze: Place leftovers in a shallow container and store it in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Reheating: The dip must be at room temperature before microwaving it for 1-2 minutes, until warm.
What to serve this keto dip with
Keto Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 8 oz frozen spinach thawed and with excess liquid squeezed out
- 14 oz artichoke hearts in brine
- 1 cup cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese full flavored
- 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper to taste
- Chop your artichokes into small pieces and add it into a bowl, along with the thawed and drained spinach.
- In a mixing bowl, add the softened cream cheese and beat together, until smooth. Add the sour cream and mayonnaise and mix well, until combined. Gently fold through the artichokes, spinach, and remaining ingredients until just combined.
- Transfer into a serving dish or scooped out bread roll and serve immediately.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
This is my favorite dip. Wow.!! When is the shredded cheese added in ? Not clear. Is it melted in the dip?
Yes, it is advised to add it when adding the artichokes and spinach.
The bread bowl is making me crave carbs! Maybe next time don’t post bread items with a keto dish…unless you have a recipe for it?
Sharing one soon 🙂
What type of shredded cheese? The recipe does not specify
Any full flavored one, like Extra tasty or gouda