These keto white chocolate macadamia nut cookies are soft, chewy, and loaded with low carb chocolate chips! Made with just 6 ingredients, they are made in one bowl and take less than 12 minutes to make! 4 grams net carbs per serving.
Keto White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
When it comes to keto cookie recipes, my favorites to make are chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cookies, and these white chocolate macadamia nut cookies.
It’s no secret that my favorite store-bought cookie are the ones from Subway. Their white chocolate macadamia cookies are so darn good, I spent years perfecting a copycat recipe for them. However, since going keto, I’ve had to change gears and come up with something a little bit different but just as delicious!
I’ve been meaning to share a keto white chocolate macadamia nut cookie recipe for quite some time. It’s one of my go-to recipes I make whenever I whip up a new batch of keto white chocolate chips. It’s made with simple ingredients and no fancy kitchen gadgets are required.
No sugar, no grains, and. no flour is needed, but you’d never tell. The texture of the cookies is crisp around the edges and soft and chewy in the middle. They are pleasantly sweet and full of white chocolate and macadamia nut flavor!
One of my friends who is obsessed with all things white chocolate tried one the other day and could NOT believe they were low carb- She thought they were from a bakery!
How do you make keto macadamia nut cookies?
- Cashew butter– Smooth and drippy cashew butter. Aim to find a brand that does not contain any sugar. If your cashew butter contains salt, omit the additional salt in the recipe.
- Granulated sweetener of choice– I prefer using monk fruit sweetener or allulose, but erythritol can also be used.
- Salt– Just a pinch to bring out the sweetness of all the other ingredients.
- Baking soda– Helps keep the cookies thick and helps them from overspreading.
- White chocolate chips– Either store bought ones or you can use homemade sugar free white chocolate.
- Macadamia nuts– Unsalted and raw macadamia nuts that have been roughly chopped.
Start by adding the cashew butter, sweetener, and eggs to a mixing bowl, until combined. Add the salt and baking soda and mix well. Next, fold through the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts using a rubber spatula.
Now, form 12 balls of dough and place them onto a lined baking sheet, pressing down onto each ball to form a thick cookie shape. Cover the baking sheet and refrigerate it for at least 45 minutes, for the dough to chill. Once the time is up, place the cookie dough into a preheated oven and bake at 180C/350 for 1o-12 minutes, until the edges just begin to go golden. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool completely.
Tips to make the best low carb white chocolate macadamia nut cookies
- If you don’t have cashew butter, any smooth or drippy nut or seed butter can be used. Avoid using peanut butter or almond butter, as the flavors can be quite overpowering. Also, if you use dark colored nut/seed butter, your cookies will be darker in color.
- Do not overbake the cookies as they continue to cook as they are cooling down.
- Reserve some extra white chocolate chips/macadamia nuts to top the cookies with, for aesthetic purposes.
Storing and freezing keto white chocolate chip cookies
- To store: Cookies will keep at room temperature, covered, for up to 2 weeks. If you’d like the cookies to keep longer, refrigerate them and they will keep well for up to 4 weeks.
- To freeze: Place leftover cookies in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More keto cookie recipes to try
- Peanut butter cookies
- Almond butter cookies
- Cream cheese cookies
- Almond cookies
- Coconut flour cookies
Keto White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener of choice I used allulose
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sugar free white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your cashew butter, sweetener, baking soda, salt, and egg, and mix until combined. Fold through the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Using your hands, form 12 balls of dough and place them on a lined baking sheet. Cover the sheet and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Once hot, remove the plastic wrap from the baking sheet and place it in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are just beginning to go golden.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the sheet completely.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
Hi, do these spread in the oven or do you have to flatten them before baking? This is so smart!
These are amazing! Thank you. Now I have a way to curb my sweet tooth. The cashew butter is really good alone as well. I never would have tried it, so thank you for that as well! They were also very easy to make. Big thumbs up!!!
🙂 Thanks, Anya!
Super simple to make for such a great tasting soft baked cookie. Used Allose sugar and Lily’s chips. Took 13 mins in my oven. My only con is that it was just slightly bland for my taste, from the cashew butter I’m sure. I think I’ll add just a touch of vanilla next time. But others that tasted it and wanted the recipe didn’t think it needed anything!
Delicious! I subbed almond butter for cashew!