Low Carb Cinnamon Roll Muffins given a keto, paleo and vegan makeover! These super fluffy and bakery style muffins use almond flour and have no eggs and no butter, but super moist. Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free, Sugar Free.
There are a plethora of high protein low carb muffin recipes, but very few actually taste delicious.
The key to producing a cinnamon muffin which tastes delicious is due to one key ingredient- almond flour!
I’ve always been skeptical when a muffin or baked good recipe calls for no eggs, as I’d always assumed them to be a necessity. This is not the case!
When it comes to snacking, I’ve found that having something protein-packed and keto-friendly to be the most effective. Since I’ve started working out more, I’ve found that having a low carb/high protein snack to be the best to not only fuel my muscles but also keep me satisfied until my post-workout meal.
This low carb cinnamon roll muffins aren’t just for those who workout- Here are other benefits!
Using just one bowl
Quick and easy (Just 15 minutes!)
100% sugar free and dairy free
Satisfy the baked good cravings, guilt-free
Fluffy and bakery style
Less than 6 ingredients
Here are some tips, tricks, and hints to ensure a perfect low carb muffin recipe ever!
Almond Flour or Almond Meal
The most common question I get asked when sharing a recipe with almond flour is whether or not almond meal can be used instead.
Almond meal can certainly be used instead of almond flour, with the only difference being a slight flavor and texture. The meal is more course and has a more evident taste. The flour, on the other hand, is smoother and better for a fluffier baked recipe.
The Right Protein Powder
Choosing the right protein powder is imperative for these low carb cinnamon roll muffins, as using a non-specified one can really alter the taste. Protein powder muffins can really be hit or miss, so be sure to use the ones below for the perfect recipe.
Brown rice protein powder (vegan and gluten-free)- Brown rice protein powder provides a fantastic texture, similar to flour. It doesn’t try out the muffins either.
Casein protein powder (keto and gluten-free)- This is my favorite protein powder to use with baking or any recipe, really. It is super thick and creamy and requires more liquid than other protein powders.
Paleo protein powder– This is the best protein powder to use for those following a strict paleo or keto diet.
Please note- I don’t really like the texture without protein powder, but some readers have made my other protein muffin recipes without it with success. I cannot vouch for the outcome myself.
Keto Approved Starches
Hands down, pumpkin puree is the best starch to use in this low carb muffin recipe. Not only is it keto approved, it is also naturally paleo, vegan and gluten-free.
For those not following a ketogenic diet, you can easily swap it out for unsweetened applesauce, overripe banana, or mashed sweet potato.
More delicious baked goods? Gotcha covered!
SHARE YOUR RE-CREATION AND TAG #THEBIGMANSWORLD AND FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM. YOU CAN ALSO SHARE A PHOTO OF YOUR RECIPE ON THEBIGMANSWORLD FACEBOOK PAGE!
Watch how to make easy low carb muffins below!
Low Carb Cinnamon Roll Muffins (Keto, Paleo, Vegan)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder 32-34 grams per scoop
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup nut or seed butter of choice almond butter, peanut butter, sunflower seed butter etc.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree can sub for unsweetened applesauce, mashed banana or mashed cooked sweet potato
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit and line a 12-count muffin tin with muffin liners and set aside. This can also be made using a mini muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients and mix well. Add your wet ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Evenly distribute the cinnamon roll muffin batter evenly amongst the muffin liners. Bake for 10-15 minutes, checking around the 10 minute mark by inserting a skewer in the center and seeing if it comes out clean. If it does, muffins are done. Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, prepare your cinnamon roll glaze by combining all ingredients and mixing until combined. Drizzle over the muffin tops and allow to firm up.
© thebigmansworld.com ® All content, recipes, and images are legally protected by copywrite. Please do not use my images or recipes without permission. Please contact Arman if you need further clarification.
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld