These keto pumpkin bars are a healthy no bake dessert using just 5 ingredients! Made using real pumpkin and naturally sweetened, they take less than 10 minutes to come together!
Now, these bars may look incredibly fancy but I promise you, they are SO easy to make and literally take five minutes to put together.
Table of Contents
Why this recipe works
- No oil, grains, or dairy are needed, but you’d never tell.
- The texture is thick, soft, fudgy, and stable at room temperature. The bars are pleasantly sweet and full of pumpkin flavor, and you won’t taste the coconut at all!
- The secret to these delicious bars is to use homemade pumpkin puree. It’s so fresh and flavorful you don’t need to add any spices to it whatsoever!
As mentioned earlier, you’ll need just five simple ingredients to make these pumpkin bars. Here is what you’ll need:
- Pumpkin puree– Unsweetened pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling. I used homemade pumpkin puree, but canned pumpkin works in a pinch- Just be sure it has no added sugar or salt.
- Almond butter– Smooth and drippy almond butter. You can also use peanut butter or another nut or seed spread, like sunflower seed butter or tahini.
- Coconut flour– This holds the pumpkin layer together and keeps the base thick and doughy.
- Keto maple syrup– Adds sweetness and also bars, but also holds the bars together. Do yourself a favor and make a batch of homemade keto maple syrup.
- Sugar free chocolate– To add the chocolate layer on top. Use either keto chocolate chips or even chocolate frosting.
How to make keto pumpkin bars
Once you prep your pan and bowl, whipping up these low carb bars are a breeze!
- Make the pumpkin mixture: Start by microwaving your syrup and almond butter until warm, then whisk together until combined. Add your pumpkin puree and coconut flour and mix well until a thick dough remains.
- Let them set: Transfer the batter into a lined 8 x 8-inch pan and spread out evenly. Place in the freezer.
- Add the chocolate: Melt the chocolate, pour over the pumpkin bars, and refrigerate them until firm.
Tips to make the best recipe
- If your coconut flour has clumps or sticks together, shake it out or sift it well first.
- The chocolate is completely optional. If you aren’t a fan of the pumpkin and chocolate combination, you can omit it completely or add a cream cheese frosting instead.
- Feel free to add some mix-ins to the pumpkin mixture like chopped nuts and seeds or coconut flakes.
To store: These bars will keep at room temperature, covered, for up to 1 week. They are best stored in the refrigerator, in a sealable container, for up to 4 weeks.
To freeze: Place leftover bars in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More low carb pumpkin desserts to try
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can definitely use canned pumpkin. Be sure to use unsweetened pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
Easily swap out the almond butter for either tahini or sunflower seed butter. Be sure that it has a smooth texture so it will be easy to mix with the other ingredients.
Coconut flour is one of the more difficult flours to substitute in recipes, as it absorbs moisture like no other flour out there. As this is a no bake recipe, you can replace it with either almond flour or oat flour. However, you will need double the amount of coconut flour (e.g. if it says 1 cup of coconut flour, use two cups of oat flour/almond flour).
Keto Pumpkin Bars
- Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, combine your almond butter and maple syrup and heat until melted. Whisk together.
- Add your pumpkin and mix well. Slowly add your coconut flour and mix very well, until no clumps remain and a thick batter is formed. If it is too thin, add extra coconut flour.
- Transfer your pumpkin fudge bar base into the lined pan and press firmly into place. Melt your chocolate chips of choice and pour over the top. Refrigerate until firm, before slicing into bars.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.