These healthy no bake pumpkin fudge bars are your paleo and vegan dessert recipe ready in minutes! Made with just 4 ingredients, these easy pumpkin fudge bars are also low carb and keto-friendly!
Healthy Pumpkin Fudge Bars
These pumpkin fudge bars will be your new go-to pumpkin dessert, and they are secretly healthy!
It’s time to stray away from the ovens and go with something a little easier.
Pumpkin fudge is easy and delicious, but let’s take it up a notch and make it in bar form- Perfect for dessert, potlucks or that annoying office party you forgot about until the night before.
I’ve been experimenting more with healthy desserts which are keto AND vegan, and these certainly fit the bill. Ironically, they didn’t need much amending, and thanks to the ingredients used, were already naturally paleo, sugar free and low carb!
Easy Fool-Proof Pumpkin Fudge Bars
No sugar, no dairy, no condensed milk and ready in 5 minutes- You really have no excuses.
You only need FIVE ingredients to make this healthy paleo and vegan pumpkin fudge bars recipe-
- Smooth almond butter (or any nut or seed spread)
- Coconut Flour
- Pumpkin Puree
- Pure maple syrup OR monk fruit maple syrup
- Chocolate Chips of choice
After last week’s recipe, I’ve had more and more questions about nut-free spreads. Sunflower seed butter can easily be substituted for the almond butter. I would use the creamy or no-added-sugar variety.
Have you ever enjoyed Reese’s peanut butter pumpkin before? If you are a fan of them (and don’t follow a paleo diet!), using smooth peanut butter tastes exactly like Reese’s!
COCONUT FLOUR AND ALTERNATIVES
Coconut flour is the best grain-free flour to use for these healthy pumpkin fudge bars. A little goes a long way, and you won’t taste the coconut. Using coconut flour (along with sunflower seed butter), ensures that these pumpkin fudge bars are 100% nut-free.
You can make these easy pumpkin fudge bars with almond flour, but you’ll need to double the amount. I’d also recommend blanched almond flour, to avoid any grittiness.
WHAT HEALTHY SWEETENERS TO USE?
Omitting the sticky sweetener will yield a very crumbly pumpkin fudge bar, but can technically still work.
To avoid that happening, you have several options. To keep these no bake pumpkin bars 100% refined sugar free (also paleo and vegan), pure maple syrup is the best option. Agave nectar can also be used.
For my keto readers, I’ve been a huge fan of monk fruit sweetened maple syrup. It helps to hold the bars together beautifully and provides a very subtle sweetness.
If you don’t have any sticky sweeteners, you could use several drops of liquid stevia. Please note, you’ll need to add extra pumpkin and/or liquid (like milk or heavy whipping cream) to compensate for it.
KETO AND VEGAN CHOCOLATE
For a homemade keto and vegan chocolate (using just 2 ingredients!), check out this post here.
It’s easiest to use store-bought chocolate chips, as they taste great and melt beautifully.
For my vegan and paleo friends, these dairy free and refined sugar free chocolate chips are perfect to melt over your healthy pumpkin fudge bars.
For my ketogenic and sugar-free friends, these stevia sweetened chocolate chips are the final piece of perfection on top of your pumpkin bars!
These healthy no bake pumpkin fudge bars are the ultimate vegan and keto pumpkin dessert ready in minutes- You’ll be a huge fan!
Recommended ingredients to make this healthy no bake pumpkin fudge bar recipe-
- Almond butter (sunflower seed butter to keep it nut-free)
- Coconut Flour (almond flour or blanched almond flour for an alternative)
- Pure Maple Syrup OR monk fruit sweetened maple syrup
- Vegan and Paleo Chocolate Chips
- Keto-friendly chocolate chips
- Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, combine your almond butter and maple syrup and heat until melted. Whisk together.
- Add your pumpkin and mix well. Slowly add your coconut flour and mix very well, until no clumps remain and a thick batter is formed. If it is too thin, add extra coconut flour.
- Transfer your pumpkin fudge bar base into the lined pan and press firmly into place. Melt your chocolate chips of choice and pour over the top. Refrigerate until firm, before slicing into bars.
© thebigmansworld.com ® All content, recipes, and images are legally protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipes without permission. Please contact Arman if you need further clarification.