These white chocolate raspberry blondies are soft and gooey bars that are made with plenty of raspberries and white chocolate chunks! No eggs and no dairy needed, these raspberry blondies need just one bowl to make!
There is something magical about the white chocolate and raspberry combination. As many of you know, white chocolate is super sweet, especially compared to milk or dark chocolate. On its own, it’s something that can only be tolerated in small doses. Raspberries, on the other hand, is tart and slightly sweet. When combined together, they have the most perfect flavor combination, I’m surprised it isn’t used more often in desserts.
Since cutting dairy and eggs out of my diet, I’ve been on the hunt for some vegan white chocolate. After trying a bunch of subpar brands, I finally found one that not only tasted good but baked beautifully!
These white chocolate and raspberry blondies are soft, gooey, and made in just one bowl. It’s the kind of dessert you’d serve at events, dinner parties, or a cheeky dessert to enjoy throughout the week. It’s made without eggs or dairy, but you’d never be able to tell.
Ingredients to make this recipe
- Butter– I used vegan butter, but if you don’t follow a plant based diet, you can use any kind of butter. If it is salted, omit the salt.
- Brown sugar and white sugar– The combination of both white sugar and brown sugar gives the raspberry blondies the golden edges and soft and gooey centers.
- Molasses OR maple syrup– Either molasses or maple syrup can be used. This gives the blondies an ultra gooey texture.
- Egg OR flax egg– Either an egg or flax egg can be used. If you use an egg, use room temperature ones.
- Vanilla Extract– A must for any good baking dessert!
- All purpose flour– Either plain all purpose flour or gluten free baking flour can be used. Be sure to sift it very well, so that no clumps remain.
- Baking soda– Gives the blondies a little rise and depth.
- Salt– Brings out the sweetness. Omit if your butter is salted.
- Raspberries– To be folded into the batter and on top of the blondies.
- White chocolate– I used a chopped up block of vegan white chocolate. Try not to use white chocolate chips, as they often remain waxy and firm, even when baked.
How to make raspberry white chocolate blondies
Start by creaming together your sugars with the softened butter. Add the vanilla extract, molasses, and egg/flax egg, and whisk together, until glossy. Next, add in your dry ingredients and mix through until just combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold through your raspberries and white chocolate chunks, reserving a few to top the blondies with.
Bake the blondies for 17-20 minutes, or until the edges are brown and the middle is just set. Let the blondies cool in the pan completely, before removing from the pan and slicing up.
Can you use frozen raspberries?
If you use frozen raspberries, allow thawing to room temperature. Once it is at room temperature, use a paper towel to soak up any extra moisture.
Tips to make the best white chocolate blondies
- These raspberry blondies are designed to be super gooey and soft. They make look underbaked in the middle, but that is how they are intended to be.
- If you’d prefer cakier blondies, omit the maple syrup/molasses completely.
- Add an extra 1-2 inches of parchment paper overhanging from all sides of the pan. This helps with the easy removal of the blondies.
- Serve blondies with a scoop of vanilla or coconut ice cream.
How do you store raspberry blondies?
- To store: As the blondies contain raspberries, they need to be refrigerated to ensure that they do not spoil. Store them in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 2 weeks.
- To freeze: Place blondies in a freezer friendly container and store in the freezer for up to up 6 months.
More easy desserts to try
- 3/4 cup butter vegan or standard
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 flax eggs Can use eggs * See notes
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup can use molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour use gluten free, if needed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chopped - I used vegan white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Grease an 8-inch pan and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your softened butter, brown sugar, and white sugar, and cream together. Add your vanilla extract, maple syrup, and egg/flax eggs and mix well, until smooth and glossy.
- Gently add in your dry ingredients and mix well, until just combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold through your raspberries and white chocolate, reserving a few to top the blondies with.
- Transfer the batter into the lined pan, and top with extra raspberries and chocolate. Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until the sides are slightly golden and the center looks just done.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan completely.