A giant, quick and easy cookie which can be soft and chewy or crispy and chewy depending on which method you choose! This delicious giant cookie is single serve and perfect as a healthy breakfast or snack between meals! It’s also naturally gluten-free, vegan, egg free, refined sugar-free and comes with a tested paleo option!
Let’s not discuss the elephant in the room.
The elephant being the 20 pounds I’ve gained since May.
Just kidding….about that being the elephant.
Yes, I’ve gained 20 pounds but the ‘elephant’ is the onslaught of single serve recipes I’ve been sharing lately. I remember going through this phase late last year and early this year and it seems as though it’s a seasonal thing. Screw Summer, Winter, Fall, Spring- It’s no bake, single serve, muffins and cake batter.
Before we get into the recipe, it’s also WHAT I ATE WEDNESDAY! Let’s check out what a full day of meals entailed…..
Breakfast- I wasn’t kidding- The Cookies and Cream dip for one has been breakfast every single day last week. I always add the scoop of protein which keeps me full all morning! Snack- The ugly stepsister’s of these sticky cinnamon bun cookies, minus the delicious glaze. They were refrigerated and were pretty epic. Lunch- So I’d been shooting all afternoon because the sun was having a dance session with me. I ate a late lunch of exactly what I’d shot- The low carb cake batter dip on two pieces of bread. It was much appreciated. Dinner- I made this one pan sausage, pasta and cheese baked dish…It was good but even better with a slew of hot sauce.
When it comes to cookies, many of you guys have either been on team soft and chewy or team chewy and crispy. The way to combat this is to test out various ingredients and ratios to produce something which fits both teams.
(I now have Lorde stuck in my head.)
This healthy GIANT cookie for one has been tested several times- Tested in the microwave (soft and chewy), tested in the oven twice (soft and chewy and chewy and crispy) AND has also been tested using coconut flour for my paleo friends out there. Regardless of which method you choose, you’ll be guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth/breakfast craving/food cravings/my 20 extra pounds.
This healthy Giant cookie for one takes barely any prep and a quick mix in the bowl before either microwaving it or baking it and voila- Instant edible gratification. This cookie is (As the picture depicts)– Giant and if you go the microwave route, only takes one minute! The best part is that it is single serve and perfectly portioned for one. It has no eggs or dairy so makes it completely vegan and dairy free. It also uses gluten-free oat bran or coconut flour (depending on which you choose) which makes it a suitable option for those following a gluten-free or paleo lifestyle. Besides some brown rice syrup and optional chocolate chips, this cookie is also refined sugar-free!
HACK! As mentioned earlier, I tried this out several times so ended up freezing some to enjoy throughout the week
and give the broken ones to Alexis. If you go the oven route (or even the microwave one), simply whip up 4-5 at a time and freeze them for quick snacks or on the go breakfasts!
Make this healthy 1-minute giant cookie for one and make 20 extra ones- For each of my extra pounds.
PS- I love these extra pounds and have no intentions of losing them. In fact, Black Friday came at a perfect time.
PPS- Thank goodness for being able to work from home and for extra sized Adidas track pants.
- 1/2 cup gluten free oat bran (For paleo option, use 3 T coconut flour)
- 1 T coconut flour (can sub for an extra T rolled oats)
- pinch sea salt
- Pinch cinnamon
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder of choice (optional)*
- 2 T nut butter of choice (can sub for sunflower seed butter or soy nut butter)
- 1 T maple syrup (can sub for honey, agave or brown rice syrup)
- 1/4 cup + dairy free milk of choice**
- Dairy free chocolate chips, to top (optional)
- Line a baking tray (if using the oven) with baking paper and set aside. If using a microwave, simply grease a large plate.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oat bran, coconut flour, sea salt, cinnamon and protein powder of choice and mix well.
- Stir through the nut butter and sticky sweetener until a crumbly mixture is formed. Using a tablespoon at a time, add dairy free milk until a VERY thick batter is formed. Using your hands, form into a large ball.
- Transfer the 'ball' onto the greased tray or plate and press firmly until a cookie shape is formed. Top with chocolate chips and either microwave for 1 minute or if using the oven, bake at 350 degrees for around 10-12 minutes, until firm and golden brown on the outside.
- * I used a casein blend and a brown rice vegan blend. I do not recommend whey. You can omit the protein powder, but your cookie will be smaller
- ** Depending on the brand of protein powder and coconut flour, your results will vary- You may need less/more so add it in tablespoon at a time.
- These can be made in advance and frozen. They do not need to be refrigerated but are best kept refrigerated before packing for lunch boxes, snacks on the go etc.
Are you going to be hitting up the shops this Friday/Thursday midnight?
What did you eat for dinner last night? Juli gifted me with some homemade Gingerbread cookies and I may have had 3 with a glass of Almond milk
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld