Chocolate No Bake Cookies made with just 3 simple and healthy ingredients! Soft, chewy, and ready in under 5 minutes, these no bakes are a delicious healthy dessert or snack!
No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
After making my peanut butter no bake cookies and classic no bake oatmeal cookies, I knew I had to share a delicious chocolate version too. It is about time I shared a chocolate no bake cookie recipe!
I grew up eating the traditional chocolate no bake cookies, so I wanted to give my own healthy spin on them.
Made without Milk.
No refined sugar.
These quick and simple chocolate no bakes require just 3 basic ingredients, all basic pantry staples. They also happen to be gluten-free, dairy-free, AND vegan.
Ready in under 5 minutes and perfect to snack on, they are fantastic, healthy chocolate or cookie fix!
Also try: Keto and Grain-Free No Bake Cookies
How to make Chocolate No Bake Cookies
- Step 1: Line a large plate or tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Step 2: In a large mixing bowl, combine all your ingredients and mix well, until fully combined.
- Step 3: Lightly wet your hands and form 24 small balls using the dough. Place the oatmeal cookie dough on the lined tray and press each ball into a cookie shape.
- Step 4: Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until cookies have firmed up.
Ingredients for no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies
- Quick Oats– I used gluten-free quick oats, to keep it gluten-free. You are welcome to use old fashioned oats instead if you prefer a softer cookie.
- Maple Syrup– Holds the cookies together, and provides sweetness. You can substitute this for agave nectar.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter– I used a homemade chocolate peanut butter (see below), but you can use store-bought chocolate peanut butter too. Opt for ones with reduced or no added sugar. The chocolate already mixed in the nut butter means that you don’t need to add any extra chocolate, but still have all the flavor. You can substitute this for any chocolate spread of choice, or homemade Healthy Nutella.
How to make homemade chocolate peanut butter
As mentioned above, easily make your own homemade chocolate peanut butter. You will save you money AND use healthier ingredients.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ingredients
- 3 cups raw unsalted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Pinch salt (optional)
- Liquid stevia (optional)
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, add your peanuts and cocoa powder and blend/pulse until smooth and creamy (approximately 10 minutes). Ensure you regularly scrape down the sides using a rubber spatula.
- Add some liquid stevia and sea salt and continue blending.
- Transfer to an airtight container or jar
Frequently Asked Questions about No Bake Cookies
Can I make these without peanut butter?
Making these no bake cookies without peanut butter is easy, using one of the substitutions below. Also included are several nut-free options.
- Almond Butter
- Hazelnut Butter
- Sunflower Seed Butter
- Wow Butter (often referred to as soy nut butter)
Can you use old fashioned oats instead of quick oats in no bake cookies recipe?
The only difference you’ll notice is the old-fashioned rolled oats will be thicker and chewier in texture. Using quick oats will be a little softer.
Do No Bake Chocolate Cookies need to be refrigerated?
No bake cookies will keep at room temperature, for up to 5 days. However, they are best stored in the fridge and will keep fresh for up to 2 weeks, in a sealed container.
Can you freeze no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies?
No bake cookies can be frozen to consume later. Freeze cookies individually in parchment paper, for quick grab-and-go snacks. They will keep frozen for up to 2 months.
Thaw frozen cookies in the fridge overnight before consuming.
How many calories in chocolate no bakes?
These no bake chocolate no bake cookies are a healthy and wholesome snack recipe and are packed with nutrients.
One cookie yields 123 calories, 8 grams of protein, 19 grams of carbohydrates, and 7 grams of fat. They also boast 7 grams of fiber and no added sugar.
More No Bake Cookie Recipes
- No Bake Unicorn Cookies
- 4 Ingredient Coconut Chocolate No Bake Cookies
- Coconut Snowball No Bake Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- Trail Mix No Bake Cookies
Share this recipe on Pinterest
Love this Chocolate No Bake Cookies (3 Ingredients!) recipe?
Share it with the world on Pinterest.
Healthy Chocolate No Bake Cookies
- Line a large plate with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your oats, chocolate peanut butter, and maple syrup and mix well, until fully combined.
- Lightly wet your hands. Form 24 small balls using the no bake cookie dough. Place the balls on the lined plate and press each one into a cookie shape.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until it has firmed up.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.