Easy and delicious peanut butter no bake cookies made with just 3 ingredients! Made with peanut butter and oatmeal, these soft and chewy cookies are a healthy and wholesome dessert, ready in minutes!
3 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies recipe. 1 bowl, 5 minutes, and 100% vegan, gluten-free, and dairy free.
Growing up, there were two standard cookies that would be made weekly. Either the 3 ingredient flourless peanut butter cookies or classic no bake cookies.
Now, I wanted to re-create the classic no bake cookies, but with a healthy spin on them- A recipe for no bake peanut butter oatmeal cookies!
This recipe actually came together quite quickly, when I was going through my pantry staple ingredients.
A friend of mine asked me for a quick and easy cookie recipe, that required no baking and used cheap and affordable ingredients. I thought this would be the perfect recipe for her, as it is pretty foolproof, and uses simple ingredients you probably already have for breakfast- oats, peanut butter, and maple syrup!
Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
Now, classic no bake cookies tend to be made with milk, sugar, and butter, but mine?
Well, let’s see.
Peanut butter no bake cookies without milk, no granulated sugar, and without butter.
Yes, you read that correctly. They contain none of the traditional ingredients but you’d never tell.
Taste-wise, they are LOADED with peanut butter flavor, and with a natural sweetness, thanks to the maple syrup.
Texture-wise, they are soft, chewy, and stable at room temperature. I mean, nobody wants a no bake cookie that falls apart.
How do you make peanut butter no bake cookies
- Melt your peanut butter and maple syrup. Either use a microwave-safe bowl or a small saucepan. Combine your peanut butter with maple syrup and heat up/microwave until the peanut butter melts. Whisk is well, to combine them both.
- Fold through your oats. Add your oats and mix well, until a thick and sticky batter remains.
- Form balls and press. Lightly wet your hands and form 12-15 balls of dough. Place on a lined plate or tray, and press down each one into a thick, cookie shape.
- Refrigerate. Place the cookies in the fridge for at least an hour, to firm up.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Peanut Butter– You must use smooth and drippy peanut butter. Drippy peanut butter refers to peanut butter than can literally be poured from the jar onto a spoon or into a bowl. Try to use either all-natural or slightly salted. If you’d like to use another nut butter, smooth almond butter or cashew butter will work well.
- Maple Syrup– The maple syrup provides sweetness, but also compliments the peanut butter well. If you’d like an alternative, agave nectar and honey will also work. Be wary though, if you want these to be 100% vegan, honey is not suitable.
- Rolled Oats– These give the cookies the slightly chewy texture, while still being soft. For ultra-soft cookies, you can replace this with quick-cooking oats, which are often used for classic no bake cookies.
Can I make these without peanut butter or nuts?
Easily substitute the peanut butter for a nut-free alternative, to keep these cookies nut-free. Oh, and perfect for lunchboxes!
My two favorite nut-free spreads to replace peanut butter in all my recipes (that call for peanut butter) is either sunflower seed butter or tahini. They both have the same texture as peanut butter, but slightly different flavor profiles.
Can I bake peanut butter no bake cookies?
Well, I suppose you could, but they won’t have a particularly good texture, as they are designed to be un-baked!
Can I make no bake peanut butter oat cookies without oatmeal?
Easily make a keto and low carb version of peanut butter no bake cookies instead.
It doesn’t use oatmeal, but still only has 3 ingredients AND takes 5 minutes.
Storing and Freezing Tips
- To store: As these cookies are a little fragile, I recommend keeping them stored in the fridge, in a sealable container. They will remain fresh for at least 2 weeks. Simply remove from the fridge 5-10 minutes before eating, or if you are packing it in a lunch box, wrap it up and place it in there directly.
- To freeze. Place leftover cookies in a ziplock container and place them directly in the freezer. They will keep well frozen for at least 6 months.
More No Bake Cookie Recipes you’ll love
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies (Keto!)
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Oatmeal Cookies
- Cookie Dough Bars
- Caramel Cookie Dough Bars
- Keto Chocolate No Bake Cookies
Share this recipe on Pinterest
Love this Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies- Just 3 Ingredients! recipe?
Share it with the world on Pinterest.
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- Line a large plate or tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or in a small saucepan, combine your peanut butter with syrup and heat until the peanut butter has melted. Whisk together until combined.
- Add your rolled oats and mix very well, until fully combined and sticky.
- Lightly wet your hands. Form 24 balls of dough and place on the lined plate or tray. Press each ball into a cookie shape.
- Refrigerate the cookies for at least an hour, to firm up.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.