Just four healthy ingredients are needed to whip up these rich, fudgy and extremely moist chocolate brownies! Using sweet potatoes as a base, these flourless chocolate brownies are naturally paleo, vegan, gluten-free and completely refined sugar-free! A quick and easy snack recipe to satisfy the sweet tooth instantly!
While there are some people out there roasting a batch of sweet potatoes for quick and easy meals throughout the week, here I am roasting a batch of sweet potatoes to be used in baked goods.
While there are some people out there making a batch of brownies once a week for a treat, I’m making them almost daily.
While there are some people out there who would turn their nose at the thought of mashed sweet potatoes in their brownies, I am doing that too.
….Until these babies were born.
NO BLOODY SHAME.
Happy day after Thanksgiving to all my American friends! I hope you ate well and ended up in food comas. More importantly, I hope you snuck a sweet potato or two away to whip up this recipe. I’ve clearly been on a brownie AND sweet potato kick lately.
I’ve been enjoying these sweet potato muffins with farm fresh butter as a snack (You guys, FARM FRESH BUTTER. It’s so good, you’d want to eat it with the knife. Not a sharp knife- A flat one so it won’t cut your tongue). I’ve also been enjoying these 4 ingredient flourless protein brownies as a snack too.
Okay, fine. I’ve been enjoying them both at the same time.
I mentioned in this post how I clearly go through food phases. This is another one and you’d be best to simply come party on the ship with me and play along. During one of my dual snack times (the muffin AND the brownie), I thought….Why not sub out the banana in my 3 ingredient recipe for sweet potato and make them slightly sweeter with some pure maple syrup?
These healthy four ingredient flourless sweet potato brownies are dense, fudgy and so damn moist, you literally can taste the texture by just looking at it- You also only need FOUR ingredients! The best part is that no butter, oil, flour or sugar was needed to provide the amazing taste and texture- The mashed sweet potato and proportions of other ingredients are to thank for it! Not only are these four ingredient sweet potato brownies flour free, they also are completely vegan, gluten-free, egg-free, paleo and refined sugar-free! As always, these brownies are even more delicious once cooled completely and refrigerated. Those who enjoy brownies this way already know that!
HACK! I didn’t want my brownies to be TOO dark but also not TOO light (aka blondie territory) so I used a combination of my favorite dark cocoa powder and standard cocoa (you can sub the standard cocoa for raw cacao). These lent themselves to the perfect color and perfect contrast of rich, cocoa taste.
Make these healthy four ingredient flourless sweet potato brownies and now you have the perfect excuse to make a batch of sweet potatoes weekly…
I mean food prep.
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup smooth nut butter of choice (I used cashew butter and almond butter)
- 2 T pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (I used half dark cocoa powder, half standard cocoa powder)
- Handful of chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven the 350 degrees, grease a small cake pan or loaf pan and set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, melt your nut butter with your pure maple syrup. In a large mixing bowl, add the mashed sweet potato, nut butter, maple syrup and cocoa powder and mix very well. If using chocolate chips, stir them through.
- Pour the mixture into the greased pan and bake for around 20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before slicing into pieces.
- These brownies are best kept in the refrigerator and best eaten when cooled completely. They are freezer friendly too.
If you celebrated Thanksgiving, are you nursing a food hangover?
If you didn’t celebrate Thanksgiving, are you nursing a food hangover?Keep in touch with me:
Twitter -> @thebigmansworld
Instagram – > thebigmansworld
Facebook – > thebigmansworld
Pinterest -> thebigmansworld
Bloglovin’ -> thebigmansworld