You only need three ingredients and five minutes to whip up these healthy 3 ingredient no bake oatmeal cookies! Chewy and refined sugar free, these cookies are suitable for those following a gluten free, dairy free and vegan diet- The perfect healthy snack!
“These taste so much better than your 3 ingredient no bake bars.”
“Niki, it’s the exact same ingredients, except it’s a different shape.”
“Well, then circular things must just taste better.”
“Like pizza, bubblegum, pita bread, pepperoni candy…”
“Pepperoni CANDY? Don’t you mean pepperoni?”
“Ew, not pepperoni. Pepperoni candy. I found them in mum’s baking cupboard and I’ve been snacking on them”
*shows me the package*
“….Niki, that’s edible cupcake decorators shaped like red spots.”
If shaping foods were the key to getting Niki to try out my recipes, she’d love them all.
Seriously, the number of times I’d make delicious recipes and pass them to her to taste test, only to be presented with a look of utmost disgust. Recipes which she’d snuffed at include these white chocolate macadamia nut cookies and these cookie dough balls– Two popular recipes amongst my readers.
Clearly, we’re all missing out here because Niki’s taste buds are gold plated and start with K. Get it?
I got it.
Anyway, after that conversation, I made the executive decision that from that day forth, unless it was circular, I wouldn’t even put it past her taste buds….
….Until my friends and I had the very same debate at a camping trip.
I’d been prepping snacks like crazy because my friends had planned a camping trip as one last ‘hurrah’ for me before I left for America. Although this trip was ‘for me’, it didn’t mean I was excluded from food duty- Anything but. I had four giant Tupperware containers to fill up, and even after a double batch of this granola– There was still three more to fill.
I’d prepped these 3 ingredient granola bars to bring because they were easy, I was lazy and they taste pretty darn delicious. When we were at the campsite, one of my friends refused to eat them because she said it reminded her of the unwanted lunch box snack. I was ready to tell her to go jump in the lake (there was one at the camp site), but then took the bar from her, made it into a ball and formed a cookie shape.
“There. Now it’s a cookie. Eat it and be quiet”
…And she did.
Who knew that simply changing the shape of a food could change someone’s opinion?
Niki did….so she totally gets the credit for today’s recipe- Healthy Three Ingredient No Bake Oatmeal Cookies.
These healthy three ingredient no bake oatmeal cookies are the perfect snack to have on hand which literally take five minutes to whip up! They are perfect for picky cookie eaters in terms of texture! For soft and chewy fans, you’re covered. For firm and chewy fans, you’re covered. For ROCK HARD LIKE FUDGE MINUS THE ROCK FANS- You guessed it- You’re covered. I used certified gluten-free rolled oats so my gluten free, vegan and dairy free friends- You’re covered!
HACK! In my original 3 ingredient oatmeal bar recipe, I used oat bran because I loved the texture. While you can do the same in this recipe, I personally loved it with rolled oats- It gave it a much chewier feel, which I’m a huge fan of!
Make these healthy 3 ingredient no bake oatmeal cookies and if you don’t like cookies, deal with it.
…And form them into bar shapes.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats (Can sub for oat bran, quick oats or oat flour, however see notes)
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter (Can sub for any nut butter)
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup (can sub for any sticky sweetener however see notes)
- Chocolate chips/fruits etc (optional)
- Line a large plate grease proof paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the rolled oats and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, melt the almond butter with the brown rice syrup until combined.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry and mix well until fully incorporated.
- Using your hands, form into small balls and place on the lined plate. Press each ball into a cookie shape and if desired, top with chocolate chips or fruit etc and then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Depending on what type of grain base type you use and sweetener you may need to adjust the sweetener amount and/or grain amount- Follow this procedure- If too wet, add an extra 1/4 cup of oats. If too dry, add an extra tablespoon of sticky sweetener until a firm batter is formed.
- Cookies can be kept at room temperature covered for up to 5 days but for best results keep refrigerated/frozen for up to a month+.
Want more easy, delicious recipes (irrespective of shape)? Gotcha covered!
Do you think the shape of a food plays a role in it’s taste?
Cookies OR bars?
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Snapchat - thebigmansworld