These homemade keto Almond Joy Bars are the BEST candy bar copycat recipe combining chocolate, coconut, and almonds! Made with just 5 ingredients, they are a delicious no bake dessert recipe which takes 5 minutes!
Healthy Almond Joy Bars
After sharing my keto almond joy fat bomb recipe, I knew it wasn’t the end of all things Almond Joy.
Where is the almond joy?
Well, friends, it is here.
Almond joys are a chocolate coconut candy bar, topped with a whole almond. In essence, they are the same as Mound (Bounty) bars, with the addition of a whole almond.
Unlike traditional almond joy bars, mine are ridiculously easy, healthy and secretly low carb! They are sugar free, made without condensed milk and without butter, but you’d never tell!
To make my homemade keto Almond Joy bars, you only need FIVE ingredients-
- Shredded coconut flakes
- Canned Coconut milk (full-fat)
- Coconut Oil
- Keto Maple Syrup
- Whole unsalted almonds
- Keto chocolate, to coat
CANNED COCONUT MILK
I often get asked why I suggest canned coconut milk as opposed to from a carton.
Personally, I find coconut milk from a can to have a much thicker consistency, and a richer, creamier flavor.
Also, be sure to use full-fat coconut milk, not lite or reduced fat. Trust me, the difference is night and day!
KETO MAPLE SYRUP SUBSTITUTES
A sticky sweetener is highly recommended, as it helps hold the coconut portion of the almond joy bars together. I use a keto maple syrup, which has a very similar texture to traditional maple syrup.
KETO APPROVED CHOCOLATE CHIPS
There are several keto chocolate options to use.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR THE BEST HOMEMADE ALMOND JOY BARS
Add the raw almonds on top of the coconut before refrigerating them. This will ensure the almonds don’t fall off when dipping them in the melted chocolate.
Homemade Almond Joy bars can keep at room temperature but are best stored in the refrigerator. This will easily last for up to 4 weeks. Keto Almond Joy Bars are also freezer-friendly and can be kept frozen for up to 6 months.
For all fans of Almond Joy Candy bars, you will love this homemade healthy version. Even though it is keto-friendly, sugar free and super low carb, it tastes just as good as the original, and SO easy!
- Lightly grease a 12-count brownie pan, square cake pan or square pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, high-speed blender or food processor, combine all your ingredients, except for the almonds and chocolate chips. Blend very well, until all the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the coconut mixture in the pan, and place the almonds on top of them all. Press the almonds into the coconut bars, to ensure they don't fall off. If you use a 12-count pan, use 2 almonds per individual cavity. Refrigerate.
- Line a large plate with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt your chocolate chips of choice. Moving quickly, remove the coconut bars and dip each one in the chocolate, until evenly coated. Place on the lined plate and refrigerate until the chocolate has firmed up. Enjoy!