These no bake energy balls taste like a blueberry muffin minus the oven, added fats and sugars! Just five minutes is all you’ll need to whip up these easy, healthy delicious snacks- Vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free and a paleo option!
How is my blueberry muffin?
How is my humpty dumpty?
That is how one of my auntie’s would refer to my sister and I growing up.
Ten guesses as to who was the blueberry muffin and who was the humpty dumpty.
Sure, I was quite the chumbster as a kid. However, I’m pretty sure I never sat on a wall.
Walls are too uncomfortable.
It’s all about the
Anyway, this aunty of mine who gave us these ‘affectionate’ names were not on my list of favourite family members. Besides giving us ridiculous nicknames, she had a warped concept of fun. I remember Niki and I dreading the school holidays when my aunty would
force offer to spend a day with us. Before you think these days involved trips to the park, eating fish and chips on the beach or reading stories- Think again.
Instead of trips to the park- We tripped over her garden picking out weeds.
Instead of eating fish and chips- We ate soups….in Summer.
Instead of reading stories- We learnt how to read…in Chinese.
Blueberry muffin and humpty Dumpty were not impressed. When we complained to our mum, we were told off for being disrespectful. Lose/Lose situation.
While I have an aversion to the name blueberry muffin, the edible form of it- I’m all game.
Today’s recipe paired perfectly with this month’s Recipe Redux theme which involves using up your pantry items.
As I’m about to embark on an international move, cleaning out my pantry has been one of my main endeavours. You may have noticed an increase in recipes involving the same base with multiple variations. Case in point- The easy couscous paella and the Greek Couscous Salad. Also, there has been the healthy Apple Cinnamon Rice Pudding and the healthy Tiramisu Rice pudding.
Why is it always the grains which are the last things utilised from the pantry?
Well today’s pantry find were blueberries. Dried blueberries.
While I won’t be officially changing my blog name to ‘The No Bake Boy’, I’ll embrace the traits and continue the trend with…..another no bake recipe. After the poll I asked on Facebook and on Monday’s post, there was a clear winner- These No Bake Blueberry Muffin energy balls!
These healthy no bake blueberry muffin energy balls taste exactly like blueberry muffin batter- Doughy, sweet and sinfully satisfying! Compared to their baked counter parts, this no bake version is much healthier and the perfect snack between meals or if you like, a small batch for a meal in itself! High in protein, vegan and gluten free, most bases are covered. I also tried a batch out which is completely paleo too! Both delicious, both like blueberry batter, no complaints.
As always, when it comes to a gluten free baking blend, I stand by the several options offered from Gluten Free Mama– Use it in all my recipes for the consistent outcome across the board. It can be bought via their online store, through their Facebook store or even though Amazon. It is available in over 15,000 stores, including some outside of the US.
Make these healthy no bake blueberry energy balls and satisfy your muffin craving without the need for an oven and in no time at all.
Love, Humpty Dumpty.
- 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (Optional)
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 -2 T coconut palm sugar*
- 2 T nut butter of choice (I used cashew butter)
- 2 T dried blueberries
- 1/4- 1 cup dairy free milk of choice**
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1 scoop paleo friendly protein powder (optional)
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 - 2 T coconut palm sugar***
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup- 1 1/4 cups almond or cartoned coconut milk***
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, protein powder, cinnamon and sea salt and mix well. Add the dried blueberries Stir through the nut butter of choice until mixture is very slightly crumbly.
- Using a tablespoon, add the milk until a thick, firm dough is formed.
- Form into bite sized balls and eat immediately or refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Balls can be kept at room temperature or refrigerated/frozen.
- * Can substitute for any granulated sweetener of choice or omit of protein powder is sweetened.
- ** If you use protein powder, you may need more/less milk- Play by ear
- *** Can omit of protein powder is sweetened
- **** You may need up to 1 1/4 cups depending on brand of coconut flour
Vanilla Chocolate Protein Cookie Dough Bites (Vegan, Gluten Free, Sugar Free)
Chewy No Bake Mint Chocolate Chip Protein Bars (Vegan, Gluten Free, Sugar Free)
Coconut Cashew Protein Bars (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Check out the other redux members below!
Did you ever have any lame nicknames growing up?
What is your favourite kind of muffin?
What is something in your pantry right now collecting dust?
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld